Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 DD Polizei Beaded helmet

Article about: I couldn't pass up this nice looking DD Polizei beaded helmet despite not knowing much about them initially. Apparently these beaded helmets were deemed unfit for combat by quality control f

?

Default M40 DD Polizei Beaded helmet

I couldn't pass up this nice looking DD Polizei beaded helmet despite not knowing much about them initially. Apparently these beaded helmets were deemed unfit for combat by quality control for one reason or another and were subsequently modified with the bead and slated for civil use, Lufschutz, civil police etc.....This particular helmet has a nice Luftschutz blue paint job with two solid decals, a bordered eagle and a party shield. The initial damage that may have deemed this a combat reject are the imperfections and dents along the rim. The civil liner is complete and in good condition. The ersatz strap is missing a part at the end. Shell is stamped DN34, and size NS66. What I did notice is that under the blue paint appears to be the raw steel. Is it right to assume that helmets were inspected for quality prior to the application of the first coat of paint ? That would explain this color as being the original coat. I also have several civil lighter weight Polizei helmets and one combat m35 DD lid. All opinions and remarks are welcome.

Thanks, Al

M40 DD Polizei Beaded helmetM40 DD Polizei Beaded helmet

My other Polizei helmets

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 DD Polizei Beaded helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 DD Polizei Beaded helmet
    P
    Many

That's a nice one !! Decals are very strong & original. Almost appears to be an M40. Hard to tell. But either way, it's nice
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    That's a nice one !! Decals are very strong & original. Almost appears to be an M40. Hard to tell. But either way, it's nice
    D.
    Thanks David, of course you're right. Closer inspection clearly shows stamped rivets holes. I mistakenly thought it was a two piece construction.
    Al.

I think these beaded helmets are terribly under appreciated! I really like them and this one is a great example! I like the green M34 Police as wel. Come to think of it, ALL of your helmets are great - nice collection. Thanks for sharing. Jim G.

This is a wonderful example.. Clear decals and very well kept..

Another top shelf helmet.. Thank you for sharing

Smitty

?

Thanks for the positive comments gents. I got very lucky with this purchase I made without hesitation and at a very reasonable price. The decals and overall condition surprised me when I saw it in hand.

MAP
    ?

Al,

Great pick up. There is something about "the bead" that makes these so attractive

Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice collection ,the beaded one is very nice.

Cracking helmet - the Luftschutz blue paint jobs are really nice IMO. I have an M40 Quist Luftschutz - it is my cheapest helmet, but in many ways it is my favourite.
    Great pickup.
    Nick

Excellent example and a fine collection, love the whole group. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast