Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 DD repro?

Article about: I bought this helmet from Craiglist for \\$150. The liner is an obvious reproduction and I suspect the decals are too. Can anyone tell this from the remains of the pictured decals? The shell l

?

Default M40 DD repro?

I bought this helmet from Craiglist for $150. The liner is an obvious reproduction and I suspect the decals are too. Can anyone tell this from the remains of the pictured decals? The shell looks quite nice and is marked as Q6? DN??. Was this a reasonble price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 DD repro?   M40 DD repro?  

M40 DD repro?   M40 DD repro?  

M40 DD repro?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 DD repro?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 DD repro?

The decals are reproductions. There are only I think 3 DD M40 Heer helmets that are known to exist, I am fortunate to own 1 of them. As for price, its really not that collectible as it is completely messed with now. To "unmess it" would cost you the price of a liner and removing the decals. You can buy a decent no decal 100% original helmet for $300-400.

?

Basically , youve paid $150 just for a no decal no liner shell, it would have been better if you had posted this prior to buying, but Doug is right, to make this a reasonable looking lid will probably cost you another $150 Did craiglist tell you about the decals , liner, chin strap etc, or did they just sell it knowing its no good, personally id take it back and demand a refund, telling them in no uncertain terms why you want your money back

A waste of good money.

?

Thanks for the input. So, if I wanted to sell it in order to upgrade to a better helmet, what would be a reasonable price I could get for it ?

?

90 or less maybe? You will have to disclose it has reproduction decals and that scares people off. Sadly some clown will probably buy it, slap in a liner he has sitting around, and add some fake camo to it and resell it as an original WW2 German helmet with period camo for 9-1000.....

If you are no longer interested in keeping it, try to sell it for at least
    what you paid, or as DougB says above 'someone will buy it',
    so try for $200 first - you never know.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for all the feedback. I've seen similar helmets for around $200 dollars so I thought it was a decent price for a display piece. Due to my budget constraints, I would be interested to know where I can find comparable helmets as this one for $90 or less.

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I've seen similar helmets for around $200 dollars so I thought it was a decent price for a display piece. Due to my budget constraints, I would be interested to know where I can find comparable helmets as this one for $90 or less.
    Relic or repro...........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

A shell with fake decals being truthfully sold as a shell with fake decals, I can see 90 bucks. I recenty sold a reissue that was quite salty with an original liner and decals for 200 and saw a real shell no decal no liner for 100 aat the antique shop. But if being sold as a shell with real decals the price is 150 ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast