Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?

Article about: Ok, i have had this since 1968 and never thought much of it (sorry). Then I took it out from under the bed and thought "I wonder when it was made". Now my eyes are sunken, I dont e

bandit1200
    ?

Default M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?

Ok, i have had this since 1968 and never thought much of it (sorry). Then I took it out from under the bed and thought "I wonder when it was made". Now my eyes are sunken, I dont eat, my girlfriend is ready to have me commited and my mates avoid me. Its taken over my bleeding life!! I dont care if its a M40 double decal or an M35 or 32 or.....can you please just give me peace?
    The german eagle looks dodgy to me as its beak is not the same as ones I have seen and I have found no mention of the kind of stamp at the back. Sigh....see?...its all i go on about! Please my mates, sort me out. Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?   M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?  

M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?   M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?  

M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?   M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?  

M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: M40 double decal?...or coal scuttle?

not sure of the date but its a post war German border guard helmet i believe that's been badly made to look like a WW2 version

look here i have a similar one https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...tle-help-5136/

bandit1200
    ?

Ahh....i can feel peace flowing over me....tension leaving my body...I think i may even eat! One minute twenty seconds it took you to end untold hours of misery. Cheers my mate!! Humm....think i better shower also....

?

glad i could help & ease your pain

Hi Chris, glad your mind is now at rest. Nick is of course correct.

Cheers, Ade.

That's one ugly bird

Reg
    ?

Try Derby on a saturday night John!

I know the feeling of peace after not knowing about a long aquired German helmet, Ade helped me ID an odd one I had since childhood. Its just good to know!

Reg

bandit1200
    ?

I am now going to have it on display somewhere in my flat just for the moment someone says "Oh, a German WWII helmet!" then my moment of joy will arrive...with a soft "Ha" i will say "Actually its not, if you notice the stamp its plainly a .....and of course the eagle is blatanly wrong, also the etc etc.. but dont feel too bad, it reqs years of study to know these things... dontcha know" Then i will sit back and slowly light a pipe. Basking in their admiration. Thanks guys, sat here with a very large grin on my face.

Quote by Reg View Post
    I know the feeling of peace after not knowing about a long aquired German helmet, Ade helped me ID an odd one I had since childhood. Its just good to know! Reg
    I actually agree whole heartedly with that statement Reg, Even if its bad, its good to know. Its happened to me a few times, and after the pit of the stomach sinks, in a few minutes its ok again...........

just like the Saturday night

OKW
    ?

Is the liner post war or repro? I thought that post war liners had the perforated holes where the forehead sits to get rid of sweat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast