MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40 ef66 sd heer

Article about: I would like some opinions/Appraisal on this m40 EF66 SD HEER.

?

Default M40 ef66 sd heer

I would like some opinions/Appraisal on this m40 EF66 SD HEER.

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

M40 ef66 sd heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ef66 sd heer
    P
    Many

Looks like Huber-Jordan & Körner decal?
    I hope it turns out to be authentic as it looks a lovely helmet.
    Nick

EDIT: I'm wondering how old the repaint is?
    Looking at it again, it looks very new, especially around the split pins - no signs of any wear.
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 01-14-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: More information

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am sorry to say, we do not do "Appraisals"
    We are a discussion forum and are more than happy to help you determine if your item is real/original or not, but we do not give free evaluations.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I will know not to ask for appraisals in the future, thank you for letting me know rbminis

Only my opinion, but when I see that Huber Jordan decal applied on any helmet other than an M16-18 or Austrian I have sever doubts of wartime application. EF did badge their early M35's (1937-38) with a similar more metallic "gray lined" version of the Huber Jordan. By the time EF started producing their M40 helmets, early on they used a variety of factory installed heer decals. Some are seen with the ET style, Pochers are seen also. By late 1940 or 41 they had their own different design decal, also made by Huber Jordan..but different than your decal.

Added to this, the decal on your helmet is the most common, widely applied decal post war, being they were brought home in sheets in large quantities & still being applied today by fakers. Granted...with all this being said...it could have been a field or depot applied decal. For all I know, maybe the EF factory ran out of their house decal & used this type of decal. But I use extreme caution when inspecting this decal. Normally if I see one at a show, I don't even pick the helmet up.

Sorry for carrying on...the paint is not convincing to me. There is no wear, around the rim, vent holes, dome area...places one would expect to see some wear & possibly wartime damage showing some darkened steel patina. Others will "chime in". Just my best opinion I can give you

Here are 3 examples of EF M40's with the EF "House decal" made by HJK. One is mine, the other is my friends, & one sold recently on Kens' site
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ef66 sd heer   M40 ef66 sd heer  

M40 ef66 sd heer  

Hi, I to have my doubts about this one, the "dusty white" appearance to the paint looks like possible concrete cammo in style, but it all looks much to recently applied to me. Leon.