Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 ex-polizei?

Article about: Hello, this M40 is up on auction. I wonder about the traces of Police decal, I have asked the seller for better pictures but did just get another side picture of the helmet. I'm also skeptic

?

Default M40 ex-polizei?

Hello, this M40 is up on auction. I wonder about the traces of Police decal, I have asked the seller for better pictures but did just get another side picture of the helmet. I'm also skeptical about the 8½ leather tongues. What do you think?

M40 ex-polizei?M40 ex-polizei?M40 ex-polizei?M40 ex-polizei?M40 ex-polizei?M40 ex-polizei?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ex-polizei?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 ex-polizei?

Looks more like an ex Heer helmet to me, the 8.5 tongues are fine for a 66 shell. Looks fine to me for a 1940-43 reissue, apart from the problems at the decal area.

?

Thanks for your input. And if it seems original I like it even if the decal is destroyed. I compared the little that was left of it with a polizei and I assumed that I saw the silhouette of a police eagle IMO. But that's just me.

What would the price lay around? I guess around 300 GBP because of the lack of decal?

£300 would be a bit too strong on this one, for me anyway. The decal doesn't look like it was removed during the war IMO; if it had been then it would have kept value a lot better. The price is not a million miles away though, the rest of the lid is nice and the liner and strap are good.

?

Okay, well if I just can keep myself under 200, I would be happy.

Thanks Sweguy

I agree with Andy. Not a police lid. Police lid would have had another decal on the right side. A decent Heer helmet all things considered. You say it's an auction? Don't get carried away bidding. Keep to the estimated value.

?

No, fortunately i'm not a biddoholic So we'll see how it ends, but often these rise too far high.

If you get it for under £200 that's pretty good.

?

Gone for 215£ (not in my hands though). I think that's quite good for that helmet, someone sniped me but I was well prepared. Allthough I held back my economy.

Once again, thanks.
    //Sweguy