Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 german army helmet buy.

Article about: Bought a german helmet,army eagle single decal,will post pics in a couple days.Price was 550.00,more than I usually pay but these are getting harder to find even for me.Common ET64 size and

Default M40 german army helmet buy.

Bought a german helmet,army eagle single decal,will post pics in a couple days.Price was 550.00,more than I usually pay but these are getting harder to find even for me.Common ET64 size and maker,great cond original liner,90% original paint and decal.If as described a good deal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 german army helmet buy.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A fantastic deal!!!!!! I mean fantastic

No decal M42's are going for $800 and up at dealer sites.

( if as described and all original )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!Yeah prices are all over the place on these helmets,one look originals are getting harder to find.

That sounds like a great price, every year it seems the prices are only going up on German ww2 helmets I wonder when it will even out. post a picture of it when it arrives!

Quote by MAP View Post
    A fantastic deal!!!!!! I mean fantastic

No decal M42's are going for $800 and up at dealer sites.

( if as described and all original )
    Sounds like a good buy, i will add that over here in the UK a very good condition no decal M42 is quite often selling for a higher price than an average single decal M40! The dealers have cottoned on that they are in fact rarer to come across than in the past due to post war messing around with. Leon.

Here is the helmet,liner is soft maybe pigskin?There is a small dent and about a 1 inch stress crack where it took a hit at the front near top,how much does that hurt it?Decal look good?Pics are inside lamp light and natural light.The crack worries me a little,didnt know it when buying,probably knocks off 100.00 to some?Any opinions appreciated,can probably send it back.Decal and paint is more like 80% I think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 german army helmet buy.   M40 german army helmet buy.  

M40 german army helmet buy.   M40 german army helmet buy.  

M40 german army helmet buy.  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 10-19-2018 at 12:32 AM.

If that crack was not disclosed by the seller and not visible on photos provided, I would think you would have grounds for complaint. It the least some part refund is probably due you. Negotiate.

I like it but the liner looks fresh compared to the wear on the outside of the helmet.
    I like the crack...character

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Anderson!Marty yes the liner is nice,maybe too nice,but dosent look like it was changed out to me at least,you never know though hmm.Anyway probably a 100.00 devalue for the crack&dent to collectors, I did not know about the crack, pics didn't pick it up,none of my helmets are cracked.I asked for 75.00 back will see what happens,seller says he didn't see it and I don't think he did,he is not a helmet dealer ,strange I have never seen a shell crack because of a small dent, maybe a bad batch of wartime steel.?Or if extremely cold out below zero the metal would not expand and just break?

MAP
    ?

I've never heard of a helmet cracking due to cold.

Better photos of the liner and split pins are needed. Doesn't look like pigskin from these photos.

If good, it is a combat vet that has seen some hard honest use.

At $550, I don't think it is a "steal" anymore, but it's not a bad price. It has it's issues but it's been there!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast