Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M40 gold heer eagle, with name

Article about: No pictures do to a security token , Anyways I have a M40 with greenish black paint with a gold heer eagle could anyone tell me what service branch that is any helped is needed

Default M40 gold heer eagle, with name

No pictures do to a security token , Anyways I have a M40 with greenish black paint with a gold heer eagle could anyone tell me what service branch that is any helped is needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 gold heer eagle, with name
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 gold heer eagle, with name

Heres the pictures of the helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 gold heer eagle, with name   M40 gold heer eagle, with name  

Looks like an honest M40 single decal heer (Army) helmet, good paint, decal, and liner band. You mentioned that the decal was gold, but it was originally silver, and has acquired a goldish tint due to the period application of a coat of lacquer over the decal or simple the passage of time. Nothing wrong with the piece that I can see, simply a nice shell overall. Thanks for posting it. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Looks like an honest M40 single decal heer (Army) helmet, good paint, decal, and liner band. You mentioned that the decal was gold, but it was originally silver, and has acquired a goldish tint due to the period application of a coat of lacquer over the decal or simple the passage of time. Nothing wrong with the piece that I can see, simply a nice shell overall. Thanks for posting it. Jim G.
    Agreed Nice lid

Thanks for posting Homer. Very, Very nice. If the name is legit written in red the K.H. Sch, must have been a bunch of Schmidt's in his unit.

Jay

Im guessing the name is orginal to the helmet because its fading and cracking, my uncle would know more about the helmet but he has since passed on so I dont really know