Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Heer Helmet

Article about: Hey guys just got this from a fellow collector on this sight! I would like to thank him immensely as Iam very happy with it. It is a ET64. Sorry the lighting in my house is bad and when it c

Default M40 Heer Helmet

Hey guys just got this from a fellow collector on this sight! I would like to thank him immensely as Iam very happy with it. It is a ET64. Sorry the lighting in my house is bad and when it clears up outside I’ll get some outside pictures! It seems also this helmet whoever wore it either caught a bullet deflection or shrapnel hit which caused a small stress crack at least that’s what I think caused it.. I know some will hate it but I love it any and all opinions are welcomed.
    Also how can I put the chinstrap to ensure it doesn’t get damaged I feel like just leaving it balled up under the helmet would make it become stiff? I’m not too sure though. Thank you guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Heer Helmet   M40 Heer Helmet  

M40 Heer Helmet   M40 Heer Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

A very nice Heer helmet! A shame about the damage to the decal, but most of them are in worse shape than yours. The shrapnel strike to the dome just gives the lid character. It's barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

In regards to the chinstrap, just rest it on the shelf underneath the shell. As I've done below. Doesn't look as impressive as having it folded over the brim, but it won't cause any stress to the leather.

M40 Heer Helmet

Regards, B.B.

Thank Brodie I just rested the chinstrap like yours. Nice Display by the way!!

Giants, you could also try putting it on a stand which is a nice way to display the outline of the shell and allows the chin strap to hang down. Some people use toilet roll holders or buy dedicated helmet stands from eBay. I’m currently working on ideas for my helmets. I’m thinking of using clear acrylic tubing set into a wooden base.

That would make a very nice display Andy, I’m going to have to look into that!

If you do decide to place it on a stand, make sure the top of the stand is resting against the inside of the shell. You want to avoid causing any undue stress to the liner. With the drawstring intact, you won't have to worry about the fingers drooping.

B.B.

Oh wow that sounds a bit risky, what I think I’m going to do is invest in a glass shelving like you have Brodie I really like how all of the items in the shelf tie together. Then I might use a stand for my M42

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Oh wow that sounds a bit risky, what I think I’m going to do is invest in a glass shelving like you have Brodie I really like how all of the items in the shelf tie together. Then I might use a stand for my M42
    As long as whatever you're resting the helmet on is narrow enough to pass through the middle of the liner, there's no danger involved. Personally, I prefer to stand German helmets on a shelf, as the skirt allows them to rest on their own in a way that is visually pleasing. Although with a helmet stand, it leaves more room on the shelf for displaying items beneath the lid.

It's all down to personal preference, really. Do whatever appeals to you the most. It's your collection, and as long as you're enjoying it that's all that really matters.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Glad it arrived Canyon!

Here are the paper towel holders. I use then often. Lots of different types out there

M40 Heer Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is smart! And cost effective. Do they “hurt” the helmet at all?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast