Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.

Article about: Thank you, all. it's a nice lid I was happy to pick up. Shame about the strap but I'll live with it. This makes two NS M40 helmets in my collection.

Default M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.

I'm back with another lid I got at auction this past Sunday. It is a SD NS64, lot # a little hard to read. Looks like "DN__" (maybe just two digits from the spacing) The strap is broken and a chunk is missing, but the tip is there with maker mark, dated 1940. Liner bands are so tight with the original pins, I can not make out the complete year, but I think I can faintly see a "0" on the band. The really cool part is it is named, twice to the same soldier. Once on the original paint, and then that was painted over with the drab green color, and he wrote him name in paint again on top of that over paint. That is also why the lot # is hard to read. You can sort of see the lot # in the pics. Drawstring is gone. All in all, a really cool lid with lots of brush strokes. I think this is definitely a one looker and saw some good use. Hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.   M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.  

M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.   M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.  

M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Heer, NS64, Drab Green overpaint.

Nice reissue matey! Just finishing work now but I'll have a closer look later tonight.

Thats a nice find! Could you call it a reissue if it still belonged to the same guy?

I suppose not strictly a reissue no, depot refurbished is maybe a better term. Likely has the original factory liner in it if you can see a 0 on the band. It's got a lot of character this one now that I've got a minute to check it out properly, just the right amount of salt My KM has the exact same strap too, also 1940.

I was wondering if it could be thrown in the camouflage column? A one color Camo. Guess that depends on what one considers a Camo.

I suppose so Todd, under the grime the colour might become more apparent. Is there anything mixed in with the paint like sawdust etc? In the skirt there seems to be some definite texture, around the name especially.

I don't see any additives. I think the paint was applied very heavily, or it was a very thick paint which shows te brush strokes. Being that its an M40 I doubt he would have painted it in a texture paint for M40 specs. It would have most likely already been painted that way. That's what makes me curious that its a one color Camo. I dont see any signs of other colors. Nice to see that the decal survived the ending of decal application and wasn't scrapped off, unless this helmet was captured and sent back prior to the ending of decal application. We may never know. And even of we did, it's still a great looking helmet.

?

Good looking overpainted Heer M40
    Plenty of character with that one, good pick up.

Brad.

Nice one - hope you got it for a good deal. Definitely 'been there'.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I like it!Got a good character that one,and nice to see a period applied name as opposed to the usual modern "additions".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast