Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Heer SD

Article about: Hi all; looking for input on this potential purchase. \\$500USD a good price? Shell and decal look good to my amateur eyes, and this low batch number should have a decal. My concern is liner;

Default M40 Heer SD

Hi all; looking for input on this potential purchase. $500USD a good price? Shell and decal look good to my amateur eyes, and this low batch number should have a decal. My concern is liner; has wear but not much staining. Please advise! Thanks.

SE64 333
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Heer SD   M40 Heer SD  

M40 Heer SD   M40 Heer SD  

M40 Heer SD   M40 Heer SD  

M40 Heer SD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer SD
    P
    Many

The chinstrap looks like a reproduction.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The chinstrap looks like a reproduction.
    My thoughts exactly, it’s too minty and crisp on the edges. Hopefully more can chime in!

TWS
    ?

Not an expert, but my observations:

1. Looks like later war gray paint, but it could be the photos/my screen. Is it more dark green actually?
    2. Appears to be an NS decal, which is found on SE helmets.
    3. The chin strap appears "new" and does not match the wear on the liner. I'd say it's a repop added recently.

Quote by TWS View Post
    Not an expert, but my observations:

1. Looks like later war gray paint, but it could be the photos/my screen. Is it more dark green actually?
    2. Appears to be an NS decal, which is found on SE helmets.
    3. The chin strap appears "new" and does not match the wear on the liner. I'd say it's a repop added recently.
    Thanks TWS! I was curious about the color as well; I think the underside photo and decal photo give a more accurate idea of the true color. Definitely one of the more grey-green variety. If it’s late war paint, wouldn’t they have covered decal?

It’s a bit of a drive so I have not held it in hands yet, but just wanted the nod from the experts before purchase.

Liner still concerns me; chinstrap is not make or break as repro. I can live with that if the rest is true.

MAP
    ?

Not crazy about the chin strap either.

I'll leave decal authentication to others but it looks like I see the outline of another decal. Or maybe it just shifted when it was applied leaving behind some residue. It would be great if the photos were higher resolution so we could see better.

Can't say much about the liner. The photo is too blurry but the liner string looks like it is not original.

M40 Heer SD
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not crazy about the chin strap either.

I'll leave decal authentication to others but it looks like I see the outline of another decal. Or maybe it just shifted when it was applied leaving behind some residue. I would great if the photos were higher resolution so we could see

Can't say much about the liner. The photo is too blurry but the liner string looks like it is not original.

M40 Heer SD
    Michael I saw the same thing and was not sure what to make of it.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks! I will try and get a better decal shot from the vendor and upload here.

MAP
    ?

I'm reaching here as I'm terrible with decals so my comments should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but is this decal maybe an Ed. Strache? Typically found on re-issued helmets. That said it is not a perfect match (photo quality doesn't help either) but maybe due to variations??

Happy to stand corrected.

Another Ed. Strache decal courtesy of GHW.

M40 Heer SDM40 Heer SD
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The decal is indeed an Ed Strache , so not the Se factory decal.
    Low lot does not come into play here as all M40 helmets from this maker had decals, only with Quist M40 it is important to check the lot nr vs the decal.
    Would need to see the chinstrap buckle but for sure it was added to the helmet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast