Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m40 helmet

Article about: Hello all, I'm fairly new to german helmets, so I would appreciate your input on this german m40 helmet. I would like your opinions on this helmet as I can buy it, but I don't trust my own e

?

Default m40 helmet

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to german helmets, so I would appreciate your input on this german m40 helmet. I would like your opinions on this helmet as I can buy it, but I don't trust my own expertise .
    The seller says he bought it as an original and he also sells it that way, the stamp in the shell is still vaguely visible.
    In my opinion he isn't asking alot of money for it, compared to other helmets I see changing owner. (may I say the price?)

What do you guys reckon? what about paint, helmet liner?
    What would be a fair price for this helmet?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m40 helmet   m40 helmet  

m40 helmet   m40 helmet  

m40 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40 helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: m40 helmet

Depends of the price you wold buy it,IMHO no more than 100 eur
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hi Dimas, the seller asks 200€, but price can be talked about. But I'm only looking for a helmet with original paint, do you think this helmet has the original paint and liner? Or should I pass?
    Last edited by Jakke; 08-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.

?

Hi, here are some bigger pictures I got from the seller.
    should I stay or should I go?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m40 helmet   m40 helmet  

m40 helmet   m40 helmet  

m40 helmet  

AZartmann
    ?

My advice is save your euro, and be patient. I think if you were willing to pay close to 200 Euro, you can find a better, battle worn, helmet with decal. Be patient. You can do better then this one. The helmet is original but it has been treated (liner) and I suspect the exterior has been cleaned and oiled as well, and is not untouched. That is my opinion based on what I see.

R.R
    ?

I don't like it too, the liner has a strange patina and the paint seems not original.

?

The liner looks original to me, but can fit to the M 42 helmet ( the liner's price is about 150 eur) The helmet itself is rusty and and has been toned with the paint over the rust. But, for the price of 200eur is very difficult to find the original battle worn helmet. If you would like to buy the restoring project - you can buy it. But IMO in that helmet is only one good part is liner
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hello guys,

thanks for your replies. I think I will pass it up, save my money and keep looking for a helmet with a decal. I already have an m40 helmet (EF62) that has the shell repainted (and has 2 heer decals, the eagle being a fake one and the shield being painted). To my knowledge it was originaly a Luftwaffe helmet, based on the inside colour, witch I think is untouched. I will post some pictures of that helmet soon.

Thanks for your opinions,

best regards,

Jakke

Hi Jakke, you have made the right choice.

Buy the best helmet you can afford.

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: m40 helmet

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Buy the best helmet you can afford.

Cheers, Ade.
    This is already 200 euro worth advise, indeed by the best helmet you can afford, no matter what condition go for a all original one, better a original shell with original paint then a over painted/altered with helmet with its liner, you made a good choice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast