Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 helmet

Article about: This helmet is located on eBay. Does it look fine? Specially the writing inside the helmet and the chinstrap/liner. Thanks P.S looking for a KIA helmet.

Default M40 helmet

This helmet is located on eBay. Does it look fine? Specially the writing inside the helmet and the chinstrap/liner. Thanks

P.S looking for a KIA helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks ok to me. Paint is a bit shiny, but I think it's fine. Can't comment on the strap.

Always wait for more opinions.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, looks ok, and like it has had a thick field over paint, but I think that it is period done. What puts me off is that someone has attempted to dig out the decal. I have never been attracted to helmets that have had that treatment. Leon.

Looks honest!.....

Good one that had a tough life so far.

Thank you guys for your thoughts

A good reissued m40. Well used.

Is this supposed to be the KIA? I heard these were struck on the top in large numbers causing a crack to render them inoperative.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Is this supposed to be the KIA? I heard these were struck on the top in large numbers causing a crack to render them inoperative.
    Nope. But I do believe you're right about it being struck on the top to make them useless.