Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Helmet

Article about: Hello all, just after some second opinions upon my helmet, I acquired this helmet a couple of years ago. I am no expert in this field but do know it is an m40 and manufactured in the Quist f

Default M40 Helmet

Hello all, just after some second opinions upon my helmet,
    I acquired this helmet a couple of years ago. I am no expert in this field but do know it is an m40 and manufactured in the Quist factory, It is stamped Q62 on the side and 101 on the rear. It wasn’t too expensive so i figure it is a restored original shell especially considering its condition, Its liner band is dated 1941 and also has writing upon it, however is inaccessible without removing the liner, which i am unwilling to do. If restored, the previous owner has done a good job painting it as it does not look like a home made job and it also has a bit of rust evident in some areas, not sure if this is viewable in the images attached, the zinc liner band also has some corrosion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Helmet   M40 Helmet  

M40 Helmet   M40 Helmet  

M40 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, yes, you are correct, the helmet shell is original and has been repainted with a decal added and a new liner and chinstrap installed. Ideal for re-enactor use and if it was not to much money then it is ok. Leon.

Like Leon says , nothing for a collector.

But atleast it has been restored as a Singel Decal Heer and not as a DD SS ^^, if you bought it for a good price it wasnt that bad of a deal, as the paintjob looks quite good for a repaint.
    Nothing for a collector, but it can still look good on a shelf.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Nothing for a collector, but it can still look good on a shelf.
    So does a pot with flowers.

True, but I just wanted to make the news that its a fake as nice as possible, as we dont know how much he really paid for it. And there are way uglier fakes out there... (Altough the Decal is ofc a cheap crappy one)

As long as the owner is happy with it, that's all that matters... and it will need less looking after than a pot of flowers too.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks for all your replies, and yes, i purchased it believing it was a fake as it was quite cheap, but i thought it looked nice all the same

Quote by Adravor View Post
    True, but I just wanted to make the news that its a fake as nice as possible, as we dont know how much he really paid for it. And there are way uglier fakes out there... (Altough the Decal is ofc a cheap crappy one)
    Last time I checked this forum is about authentic WW2 pieces , you can talk about fakes all day long in the correct forum section which is the restoration section.
    The decal is not a decent copy like you claim and that paint far from good M40 paint.
    It is fake and even if it is a good fake in your eyes it is still fake.

I would assume that this forum would serve a purpose in steering people in the right direction and that is not by saying how good their fake looks.