Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Helmet Question ET64

Article about: Hi Guys, many thanks for all your comments and help, I actually love the idea that it's has two lives and the possibility that before it was issued to the Norwegians its could well have been

Red face M40 Helmet Question ET64

Hi. I have just bought my first Helmet, I'm sure its a M40, Inside it says ET64 and the serial run 941 it has no decals and appears to have the correct
    pigskin liner but the drawstring is questionable, I would like to ask a question please regarding the Colour, it is a kind of pea green, I am wondering what are the origins,
    Wehrmacht?? I thought it maybe SS/SD because of the colour, or used in the Mediterranean. if anyone has any ideas can they please let me know.

Many thanks for reading,

Neil

P.S. I will be posting all of my display soon including my Mauser K98 dated 1937, AC45 P38 and my 1941 Walther PPK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Helmet Question ET64   M40 Helmet Question ET64  

M40 Helmet Question ET64   M40 Helmet Question ET64  

M40 Helmet Question ET64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Helmet Question ET64
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Helmet Question ET64

Hi there, it is indeed an M40, but I don't think that paint is wartime period. It looks more like a Norwegian post war repaint, or one of a batch found in Czechoslovakia that were intended for Egypt.

?

Looking at the coverage of the paint I'm thinking the same , post war Norwegian repaint, why the liners not been dyed i dont know unless its a post war replacement or a very good replica

Ekkkk I'm not liking this one at all. Paint color is not a field Grau color. Liner looks Latvian or similar new production artificially aged. Can you return it?

Yeah there's a full guarantee from the dealer, with regards to KradSpam's reply I have attached another closeup, the edges are worn but
    there does not appear to be any other paint underneath, there's the occasional dark spotting over the top of the helmet from age
    Unfortunately the flash on the camera has made the paint on this one appear tan, but the other photos are a good representation of the colour. what do you think?

Neil

Attachment 404531.

I have to agree the paint is not original. I think the liner is bad also, better pictures would verify. Sorry for the bad news. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection, it is nicely displayed.

Corey

Thanks guys, so if its a M40 with a respray does that mean that yes it was used by the Germans between 1940 to 1945 and was TR issue but then resprayed after the war and re-issued to the Norwegians?
    that would mean that its had two lives so to speak

What do you think guys?

Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Helmet Question ET64  

I rhink if you want an authentic german TR helmet, than I would recommend returning this helmet immediately. Who was the dealer?

To answer your question, the answer is "yes", this is an original German helmet that was re-issued by the Norwegians after the war...
    Cheers, Glenn

?

It's had a couple lives but represents something else now but not TR Germany. If you paid for a TR helmet you should return it. Liner looks repro from the pics. That lot number this may have been an SS as the SS ETM40 were very common in the 3 digit range.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast