MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40 helmet - repaint?

Article about: I've been told this is a period paintjob (dont mind the ''decal''). I for 99% sure think it's a postwar job done over a rusty surface. What's your opinions?

Default M40 helmet - repaint?

I've been told this is a period paintjob (dont mind the ''decal''). I for 99% sure think it's a postwar job done over a rusty surface. What's your opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 helmet - repaint?   M40 helmet - repaint?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet - repaint?
    P
    Many

Very difficult to say as the pics are pretty poor. I'm not thrilled with it, but it could have a small chance. It's not a factory finish that's for sure.

Hi ,I'm not to keen on this being an original paint finish although the pictures are pretty poor. It almost looks as though the naming has been painted around? Better images are really needed to be sure. Leon.

Better pics please.

Thanks for answers.

Unfortunately I can't give better pics. The helmet (fortunately) isn't mine and the owner don't appreciate any negative feedback about it, so he dont want to take better pictures of it.
    It's not for sale anyways.

IMO it looks like a repaint, you can see where the name is there's the field gray paint underneath what looks like the original paint.