Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luft with Netting

Article about: Here's an M40 I've owned for a few years now. The paint is a bit salty but everything is there. I love this helmet. It has definately been there! Comes complete with it netting, liner, chin

MAP
    ?

Default M40 Luft with Netting

Here's an M40 I've owned for a few years now.

The paint is a bit salty but everything is there. I love this helmet. It has definately been there!

Comes complete with it netting, liner, chin strap as well as a dirty but complete eagle. The netting is very fragile which is why I don't handle this helmet often. There are only two remaining strings keeping it attached.

Maker: Quist
    Size: 66
    Batch/Lot: ?48
    Chinstrap: As best I can make out it is marked :SINGLE, LATA, 1941
    Liner: Is marked but hard to read. Appears to be W.S ???

As usual, any and all comments welcome.

Would love some feed back on the Chinstrap and Liner markings as well as the Batch #. Under close magnification I can not see any letters stamped in front of the "48". .

Regards,

Michael

M40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with NettingM40 Luft with Netting
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luft with Netting
    P
    Many

Hi , a nice Luftwaffe helmet, good to see the netting also, it all looks so good together. The chinstrap looks as though it may say SINGER to me but as for the other word i cannot tell. Leon.

?

Lovely helmet with lots of character! Leon is indeed correct about the chinstrap, It is a G SINGER KLATTAU 1941. A well documented maker of wartime chinstraps. Cheers, Sean.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , a nice Luftwaffe helmet, good to see the netting also, it all looks so good together. The chinstrap looks as though it may say SINGER to me but as for the other word i cannot tell. Leon.
    Thanks Leon,

I love this one.

After a bit more research it appears that the strap is G. Singer, Klattau 1941.

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 06-21-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Lovely helmet with lots of character! Leon is indeed correct about the chinstrap, It is a G SINGER KLATTAU 1941. A well documented maker of wartime chinstraps. Cheers, Sean.
    Thanks Sean,

Looked like our emails crossed. Good info. Ever see the W.S. marking on the liner?

Regards,

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Sean,

Looked like our emails crossed. Good info. Ever see the W.S. marking on the liner?

Regards,

Michael
    Hey Michael! Unfortunately not, For as clued up as I like to think I am on German lids & their components in general I actually know very little about liner markings. I think maybe usually because they are hidden out of sight but I would imagine some on here can give you some solid info on it. Cheers, Sean.

MAP
    ?

Hey Michael! Unfortunately not, For as clued up as I like to think I am on German lids & their components in general I actually know very little about liner markings. I think maybe usually because they are hidden out of sight but I would imagine some on here can give you some solid info on it. Cheers, Sean.
    Thanks Sean. No problem.

Also wondering about the Batch/Lot #. I thought Quists preceeded the numbers with letters. Unless it is VERY lightly stamped, I only see the #48, and this is using a loop as well.

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Sean. No problem.

Also wondering about the Batch/Lot #. I thought Quists preceeded the numbers with letters. Unless it is VERY lightly stamped, I only see the #48, and this is using a loop as well.

Michael
    Hi Michael! Your welcome, Yeah they do usually start with DN, R, S or T. I have read Quist started doing this around the time the M40 started production. I couldn't say for sure whether Quist M40's were seen without letters preceding the lot no but I would place my bets on it being stamped too lightly to see as it looks like a very faint possible 5? Before the 48, Then possibly anything coming before that would be unreadable. Cheers, Sean.

MAP
    ?

Hi Michael! Your welcome, Yeah they do usually start with DN, R, S or T. I have read Quist started doing this around the time the M40 started production. I couldn't say for sure whether Quist M40's were seen without letters preceding the lot no but I would place my bets on it being stamped too lightly to see as it looks like a very faint possible 5? Before the 48, Then possibly anything coming before that would be unreadable. Cheers, Sean.
    Yeah, the picture gives the impression that there is a 5, but under a loop it's really hard to see. Thanks!

Nice honest combat helmet MAP that net looks like New Zealand or Aussi issue with the construction and knot on the top or it appears as such from examples I have seen and read about anyway it is OK as Germans used plenty of captured allied nets and that one appears to have been part of the helmet a long time Nice Set! timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast