Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe for Review

Article about: Hi All, I’ve got a chance in obtaining this Luft. Sorry about the picture quality I’m hoping to get more of the Liner and Decal, I will add as soon as I can. The manufacturer is Quiest and i

Default M40 Luftwaffe for Review

Hi All,
    I’ve got a chance in obtaining this Luft. Sorry about the picture quality I’m hoping to get more of the Liner and Decal, I will add as soon as I can.

The manufacturer is Quiest and its a Q64, not sure of a batch number as yet.

Opinions gratefully received ... Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe for Review   M40 Luftwaffe for Review  

M40 Luftwaffe for Review   M40 Luftwaffe for Review  

M40 Luftwaffe for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe for Review
    P
    Many

Hi, well obviously the images are not great to be 100% sure, but it looks like a standard Quist Luftwaffe M40 that was probably un-issued as many of these seem to be. Leon.

Definitely get some better pictures before pulling the trigger!
    Hoping it's a good one for you.
    Nick

I’ve got a few more pictures... not very good ones as they make the Helmet look rusty, but I’m assured it isn’t.
    It looks more like the M35 vent holes to me, rather than the M40?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe for Review   M40 Luftwaffe for Review  

M40 Luftwaffe for Review  

MAP
    ?

That liner looks like a repro or treated

I'm on a cell phone now and can look in detail later...or you can all shout me down if I'm wrong
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Much better ones out there.

Those are the big "Donut" Q vent holes. Not all M40 Q exhibit them...
    D.

Thanks all .... not sure about the liner, the rivets look loose in the pictures, and like MAP states could be treated, aged.

I was wondering about the liner, it certainly doesn't look like it has any wear to it, no stretching to the holes or scuffs on the rim.

I remember looking at a Quist like this a while back and it also had that slight rust bleed through the paint. I expect these photos have accentuated it more than it is.

If you have doubts at all, just wait a while. Quist lufts come along quite often.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

I'm looking now on my PC. The liner is probably ok, but it has a very odd look, texture. It's got even staining but no scrapes. Might just be the photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast