Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimate

Article about: Hello gentlemen. I will be really appreciate your help.I have been offered this M40 Luftwaffe helmet (no liner,just the shell) Would you give me your opinion and how much would be worth it?

Ves
    ?

Default M40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimate

Hello gentlemen. I will be really appreciate your help.I have been offered this M40 Luftwaffe helmet (no liner,just the shell) Would you give me your opinion and how much would be worth it? Any price estimate?
    M40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimateM40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimateM40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimateM40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimateM40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe shell,opinion and price estimate
    P
    Many

Ves
    ?

Please guys,is anybody can give me some opinion?

Hi, it looks as though it is a good Luftwaffe shell that may have at one time been "white washed" as a winter cammo as you can see some white residue in the vents. As to value, it's worth what you are happy to pay but I would only go as high as £150. Leon.

When you say "just the shell", does it have the metal band still in it - or are the rivets just sitting in there?

That for me would bump the value up a bit from what Leon said.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, it looks as though it is a good Luftwaffe shell that may have at one time been "white washed" as a winter cammo as you can see some white residue in the vents. As to value, it's worth what you are happy to pay but I would only go as high as £150. Leon.
    i think it's worth a bit more than that leon the decal looks cracking, and like you say, some traces of whitewash, and the pins look original to the shell, it wouldn't take a lot to bring that one back to it's former glory JMO

Ves
    ?

Thank you! Yes, the liner band is there as well,it looks like it`s never been removed from the shell.Just the leather and the chinstrap missing. What might be the value in this case?

?

It looks like a very nice Quist LW shell.
    As for pricing, that is a bit more tricky, and is subject to condition, and demand, which I hesitate to speculate on.
    A shot of the inside, showing whether the liner, liner band, split pin rivet washers, may still be present or not.
    If it is just the shell, the price would be a lot less than if it had a liner or band present.

Brad.

Ves
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    When you say "just the shell", does it have the metal band still in it - or are the rivets just sitting in there?

That for me would bump the value up a bit from what Leon said.

Cheers, Dan
    Thank you! Yes, the liner band is there as well,it looks like it`s never been removed from the shell.Just the leather and the chinstrap missing. What might be the value in this case?
    Regards! Ves

.... then for insurance purposes I would put a value of $350-400 on it myself.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I am guessing that you bought it?
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast