Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?

Article about: If it looks to have been in that position a long time I'd leave it, that's how I deal with all my straps. Some are over the visor, some not, some open some not, but it's always how I get the

If it looks to have been in that position a long time I'd leave it, that's how I deal with all my straps. Some are over the visor, some not, some open some not, but it's always how I get them that they stay. If I tried moving a well established strap and it broke doing so, I'd be miserable for weeks about it lol....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe - What do you think?
    P
    Many

?

Tightening it might break it I would just leave it like this so it does not put too much stress on the leather

Figured it was a bad idea. I just really like the look of having the buckle showing on the outside of the helmet. It's kind of right at the edge, perpendicular really, right now when it hangs.

Is there anything that can be done to preserve the condition of the liner outside of a temp / humidity controlled environment? It is quite fragile.

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    Is there anything that can be done to preserve the condition of the liner outside of a temp / humidity controlled environment? It is quite fragile.
    Nice helmet, but honestly - if you sit it on your shelf or in a cabinet I don't think you'll notice any real deterioration. Anything you attempt will just detract from the value. With German helmets it's always best to just leave it as it is.

Cheers,
    Josh

Thank you sirs.

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    keeping it in a good environment is the best you can do and not fiddle with it too much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2