Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage

Article about: Hi Guys, I've always wanted to expand my collection with a winter camo helmet. I bought this helmet one week ago. I know it lost a many white color, but i think it wasn't a bad deal. I found

?

Default M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage

Hi Guys,
    I've always wanted to expand my collection with a winter camo helmet. I bought this helmet one week ago. I know it lost a many white color, but i think it wasn't a bad deal. I found some black remains of paint on the helmet, but I don't know what is that.
    I would like to know what you think about this helmet.

About the helmet
    ET64
    lot number:778

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage   M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage  

M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage   M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage  

M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage   M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage
    P
    Many

Hi, I wonder if this helmet was stacked with a British MKII one on top at some point as the raised "black" areas look like the remains you get from the liner of tommy helmets? You see a lot of British helmets with these "stacking rings" on them. Just a thought. Leon.

Hi, can't help you with the ripples of paint, but its a nice lid.

?

Hi,
    It is a interesting thought and thank you! could you show me some pictures from "stacking rings"? Do you know how i can remove it? Or should I leave it as it is?

If it were mine i would leave it as it is.

Mart

Quote by KrikoT View Post
    Hi,
    It is a interesting thought and thank you! could you show me some pictures from "stacking rings"? Do you know how i can remove it? Or should I leave it as it is?
    Hi, here are some "stacking ring" marks on a South African MKII. I would not try and remove them though as the liners were oil based and will have fused onto the paint, removing these marks will just leave others! Leon.M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damageM40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage

MAP
    ?

Don't see any red flags from what I can see. Does look like someone tried to expose the decal a bit.

I've started a Winter Camo thread. Feel free to post a picture of it there along with any history of the helmet.

Winter Camo Stahlhelme
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I see something around the decal, but looks like a triangle for me. I think someone did not want to hide the eagle, when they painted the helmet. Or someone tried to clean the helmet, and the decal. Thank you for a invitation.

?

Hi,

The black things on the helmet look like as on your picture. But the black things are not only circularly on the helmet. There are some what is vertical. Thank you for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage   M40 Luftwaffe winter camo, with battle damage  

Hi, it could still be a stacking ring as the helmet on top could have been knocked or moved forward altering where the liner stuck to the shell. It's not certain that is what it is, but it does look very similar and remember, this may have been moved around and had several helmets "dumped" on top of it at all sorts of angles since the end of the war! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast