Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Medic helmet

Article about: if its fake, then my guess is that its a no-decal M40 that got a fake coat of paint on it. other than that i cant spot anything potentially wrong with it.

Default M40 Medic helmet

What do you think of this, any of you seen it before? You know my question, is it original ww2?

Description:A good ORIGINAL WW2 M40 Stretcher Bearer / Medic steel helmet. Large size and probably 68 although can’t see any markings under the finish. Original liner & cord . This came from a well-known London Dealer some years ago and is 100%. Weighs 1.510kg, very heavy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Medic helmet   M40 Medic helmet  

M40 Medic helmet   M40 Medic helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Medic helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Medic helmet

Quote by snixprix View Post
    This came from a well-known London Dealer some years ago and is 100%. Weighs 1.510kg, very heavy.
    My question is, does that make it real?

for what it's worth, it's a pretty grey area. Virtually impossible to prove (and i said virtually) either way IMHO. It's whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm not too happy with the rust spots, if I'm honest, but hey, what do I know

You know a lot more than most of John

Thanks

Danny

True John, I´ve read that original medic helmets are very hard and a few to be found. Maybe a trusted member on this forum has once owned this one, I guess that´s the only chance to know. Perhaps not the kind of helmet you would like to spend a large sum on without holding it

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    You know a lot more than most of John

Thanks

Danny
    Thanks Danny, but believe me there are a few out there (on this forum) that know a shed loads more than I do

I'll have to add, that if you are happy with buying it, then that's all that really counts (sort of)

One would need much better pictures of the paint , since it's an M40 a decal should be there somewhere as does the original factory paint in the damaged areas. I do think the damage looks unnatural.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    One would need much better pictures of the paint , since it's an M40 a decal should be there somewhere as does the original factory paint in the damaged areas. I do think the damage looks unnatural.
    I´ve asked for better pictures of paint and damaged areas + where a decal should be found. When I get them I´ll post them here. Thanks for your input

Better pictures..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Medic helmet   M40 Medic helmet  

M40 Medic helmet  

i personally think it looks good. i dont see a single fault with it.

as soon as you see it, it seems to scream fake but upon looking at individual details i cant find anything wrong with it at all.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    i personally think it looks good. i dont see a single fault with it.

as soon as you see it, it seems to scream fake but upon looking at individual details i cant find anything wrong with it at all.
    On the other hand they are easy to reproduce. Just find a suitable original shell.

I see nothing in the new pictures which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast