Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

M40 "nd"

Article about: Oh i forgot to say , the lot number suggests it may have been a single decal HEER helmet so at least it's the right branch of service! Leon.

?

Default M40 "nd"

Hi, new helmet to collection. This is supposed to be a period scratched Heer helmet but the previous owner applied a new decal on it. Any tips on how to get rid of it would be great! Have tried with a warm-moisty wettex.

Nice dome stamp, inside and outside in quite good condition. Repro chinstrap and drawstring..

The helmet was given to a boy in Norway by an old lady years ago, I recently bought it. It comes from Lillehammar and were possibly issued there.

Et64, Lotnr:400

Thanks Al

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (10).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	577751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (29).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	577752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (30).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	577753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (36).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	577754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (32).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	577755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (33).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	577756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (31).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	577757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (35).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	577761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (34).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	577760

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Well done, a beautiful display piece...I'm really impressed with the condition of the liner!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks for the kind words Glenn! Do you have any idea of how to get rid of that decal in a smooth way? It's hard as stone..

I would suggest checking out the "Restoration and Refurbishing" section of the Forum...you might get lucky there...But surely someone will come along to give you the proper pointers...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by sweguy View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Glenn! Do you have any idea of how to get rid of that decal in a smooth way? It's hard as stone..
    Hi , nice M40 , have you tried to steam it off? If it's water based that may well work. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Hi Leon, do you think that's better than a warm wettex dishcloth? I can try it but should I seal the air-vent with some paper just to prevent steam from hurting the liner?

Regards Al

Quote by sweguy View Post
    Hi Leon, do you think that's better than a warm wettex dishcloth? I can try it but should I seal the air-vent with some paper just to prevent steam from hurting the liner?

Regards Al
    That's a good idea!! Stick a bit of blue tack in there just in case some steam goes through the vent. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Ok, so I've tried steaming it off and it's still hard as stone! Is there any more ways to do it?

Al

I would say it seems like you are stuck with this decal unfortunately. I would not want to use chemicals on it in case it damaged the paintwork. Leon.

It might sound mad but try using a pencil eraser, rubbing and twisting firmly. It might grip the fragile decal and rip it. It should be easy to pick remnants off with a pin or credit card etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast