Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Overpaint Heer helmet

Article about: Hey guys, Was looking to add this one to the collection but just wanted to get some keen eyes to see if there are any red flags. My only concern would be the split pins being a slightly diff

Default M40 Overpaint Heer helmet

Hey guys,
    Was looking to add this one to the collection but just wanted to get some keen eyes to see if there are any red flags.
    My only concern would be the split pins being a slightly different colour to the exterior paint. But this may just be the photos?
    Any opinions are very much appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Overpaint Heer helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, no issues that I can see, split pins often look slightly different in shade to the rest of the helmet due to being made from a different grade of metal, or indeed a different metal type completely. Never worry about matching split pins that have a minor shade difference, just one's that look well out of place! Leon.

I see on problems with the helmet, I like the color on this one.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Leon! Thanks Marty! Appreciate your thoughts

MAP
    ?

Looks fine to me. Are the split pins re-bent on the inside?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map,
    I'm not too sure. I will ask the seller

MAP
    ?

It all looks fine. Liner condition is matching the helmet wear, but always good to ask....and if he could send you photos as well.

Rgds,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, I agree. The liner wear looks to be a good match. On my previous reissue there was a lot of overpaint on the split pins. But that was a rough textured overpaint and probably easier to see.

This was a previous reissue that i owned. You can see the overpaint on the split pins

MAP
    ?

It looks like a great helmet. Not sexton but a true blue combat vet. I would have it on my self any day. I like these.

Exterior of the pins should have over paint on them but as Leon said, it's not uncommon to see it chipped off. I'm talking about the inside. Especially since there is no paint on the outside of the pins. Just good to check...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast