Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Police DD

Article about: Hey guys this is one I put on layaway thinking I was decent enough to make a decision on my own so I just wanted to double check with you guys about my decision. To me this seemed like a all

Default M40 Police DD

Hey guys this is one I put on layaway thinking I was decent enough to make a decision on my own so I just wanted to double check with you guys about my decision. To me this seemed like a all original. I like the scratches it gives it a battle worn look a I know the swastika decal is in bad shape but I liked it enough to still get it as it was a decent deal wear seems consistent throughout the whole helmet.
    Thank you guys sorry for posting again I just wanted to get my mind off of this.
    Also the decals seem authentic to me for a SE batch number is also 3084... But like I said there is no going back on this one lol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Police DD   M40 Police DD  

M40 Police DD   M40 Police DD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Police DD
    P
    Many

Hi, personally the "half hearted" attempt to de-nazify the Party shield would put me off. I have no problem with good honest wear/damage from years of use and "knocking around the shed", but as these Police helmets are quite easy to come by, I would wait for a better one myself. Leon.

?

I own a dd police SE 68 which looks like yours . Same shell color and identical decals. Your helmet is genuine .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Police DD   M40 Police DD  

M40 Police DD  

I would wait for a better example. I agree with Leon about the swas - it doesn't look good defaced like this.
    nick

Hi Giants77 ..... I agree with HoundsTooth and Leon, the Helmet looks totally original, however I would sooner have a few knocks and scratches to the Helmet paintwork rather than having the Decal ruined.
    They are quite common and if you really wanted a M40 Police DD with both Decals intact .... I'm sure you'd not have waited long.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Hey guys this is one I put on layaway thinking I was decent enough to make a decision on my own so I just wanted to double check with you guys about my decision. To me this seemed like a all original. I like the scratches it gives it a battle worn look a I know the swastika decal is in bad shape but I liked it enough to still get it as it was a decent deal wear seems consistent throughout the whole helmet.
    Thank you guys sorry for posting again I just wanted to get my mind off of this.
    Also the decals seem authentic to me for a SE batch number is also 3084... But like I said there is no going back on this one lol.
    Not entirely sure, but is the rear ihnenfutter split pin brass? If so it is a later replacement. It has been around a bit but other than that it looks ok.

If the price is reasonable...I think okay to own. I have seen worse
    D.

MAP
    ?

Looks fine to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I think it's a nice lid, I wouldn't mind having it on my shelf. If the price is right, of course

- Alex

Update to my original post - now i have seen it, i think the price on this is actually pretty good and more that takes in to account the defaced swastika. Ideally it would be nice to find a helmet with perfect decals, but price is always a consideration.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast