Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Possible DAK?

Article about: Hey guys, This potential M40 tropical painted helmet has come up, and I am nowhere near an expert to judge the authenticity of these helmets. What are the expert's opinions on this salty m40

?

Default M40 Possible DAK?

Hey guys,

This potential M40 tropical painted helmet has come up, and I am nowhere near an expert to judge the authenticity of these helmets. What are the expert's opinions on this salty m40? It is marked HKP64.

Thanks
    RB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Possible DAK?   M40 Possible DAK?  

M40 Possible DAK?   M40 Possible DAK?  

M40 Possible DAK?   M40 Possible DAK?  

M40 Possible DAK?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Possible DAK?
    P
    Many

Even a studied collector needs good photos to give a trustworthy opinion.
    These photos are no good.
    From these photos I would not regret passing on it.

?

Just fixed the photos, did not see how bad they were initially

Sorry about that,

RB

Looks more like ordnance tan than DAK camouflage. German desert camouflage had a pinkish hue to it, as that's the colour that best blended into desert surroundings. I am positive that I have seen helmets camouflaged using Dunkelgelb in the past. Up-close, sharply detailed photographs will be needed, particularly of the liner rivets, for the resident experts to be able to make a judgement on this lid.

Regards, B.B.

The strange overspray in the area of the national tricolour decal is a concern to me. I'm also not satisfied that it is entirely what it is being described as.

As stated closeup hi res images are required to see if there is any patina to the paint. Also ask for closeups of the rivet area too.

The inside looks good.

Andy

Hi, not one that I like personally. Chips are all of a similar size and the crown "wear" is uniformly excessive and "smoothed". Looks completely fabricated to me. Leon.

It's no good.

?

Cheers guys appreciate the feebback! I will leave it

Ryan