Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M40 q64

Article about: Evening gents.A friend of mine just got this helmet and his asked me to post it for opinions.I personally really like it,its got the nice combat wear the liner is named,markings Q64 and DN3?

?

Default M40 q64 opinions needed

Evening gents.A friend of mine just got this helmet and he asked me to post it for opinions.I personally really like it,its got the nice combat wear,the liner is named,markings Q64 and DN3?(3 or 2)7
    The chinstrap looks weird to me,I've never seen one like this,i'm guessing its late war!?
    Regards,
    Emanuil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 q64   M40 q64  

M40 q64   M40 q64  

M40 q64   M40 q64  

M40 q64   M40 q64  

M40 q64   M40 q64  

M40 q64   M40 q64  

Last edited by Ripper; 07-14-2015 at 06:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 q64
    P
    Many

I don't see any problems. Odd location for the chinstrap stamp (usually stamped at the end of the strap) but you are correct, it is a later war strap with an RB number rather than a manufacturer name.

?

Thanks Glenn!I forgot to post the most important pic of the strap.This is the strange part,it has no stitching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 q64  

It looks to be a good honest combat used helmet not a desk jockey or one pulled off the warehouse self.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thanks for the opinions guys!And can someone give me more info on the chinstrap,like year of manufacturing ?

Hi, I can't help you with a chinstrap date, but the helmet is a good battle worn HEER M40 with a later war chinstrap that looks like it's been there forever. Leon.

?

Thanks,Leon! I was wondering about the year of manufacturing,because i've never seen a strap with a split pin holding the leather underneath the buckle.
    Is it something you can find often on the late war helmets?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    Thanks,Leon! I was wondering about the year of manufacturing,because i've never seen a strap with a split pin holding the leather underneath the buckle.
    Is it something you can find often on the late war helmets?
    I have seen them but not frequently , it's not a standard combat set with the split pin and the RF nr.
    First I have seen that way but it looks good. Nice helmet.

?

Thanks a lot for the help Frank!
    Regards,Emanuil.