Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?

Article about: I am skeptical about this helmet I just purchased. There was a decal on the right side that was scraped off but it still shows on outline. Can anyone tell what sort of decal it was based on

?

Default M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?

I am skeptical about this helmet I just purchased. There was a decal on the right side that was scraped off but it still shows on outline. Can anyone tell what sort of decal it was based on the outline? Could this helmet be one of those Norwegian or other reissues? Thanks muchly for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?

Pablo ,,we need much better photos than this and a straight on shot of the decal area, it would also help if we can see the whole thing plus the liner, if its a Norwegian reissue the liner could help detemine this plus the true colour of the helmet

?

Thanks for taking a look at it, Dave. Here are more pics. I posted the liner earlier and it was suggested the discoloration to be either blood rot or exposure to rusty water. Upon closer examination I noticed the outline of a scraped-off decal on the rt side and wondered about the origin of this helmet. What do you think? Otherwise it is a pretty neat Q64 helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?   M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?  

M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?   M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?  

M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?   M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?  

?

From what i can see from these photos, it doesnt seem to have the same shape as the Norwegian decal but im not sure it ever had a decal im thinking its part of wear and tear, as for the liner, im thinking it a possible fake, theres only seven fingers and it looks like its been made that way, but theres too much gap between the rear ones, lets see if anyone else has a say

IMO the liners good 1 fingers missing as well as the string to attach them all as to the decal it may have been almost anything if anything at all
    still a nice helmet

tom

?

I was thinking as you at first then i saw that the two bottom holes on the finger to the left extend below the curvature ,yet theres no holes along that line where the eighth finger would be, but it might be the angle of the photo!!!

the lotnr will tell you if the helmet was an original ND or not.

?

The lot# looks like DN 321......I guess that's a "D".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q64 scraped decal outline....Is it legit?