Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M40, Q66 Luftwaffe

Article about: That's a shame Todd, but it would give you a better return on your money if partially restored

?

That's a shame Todd, but it would give you a better return on your money if partially restored

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Maybe 'corpse cut' going by the chinstrap & liner????? If so, that adds to the story IMO and I wouldn't be swapping out the liner.
    Very interesting. I never thought of this? If it was corpse cut why would the liner be gone though?
    Also are corpse cuting helmets usually done by the enemy to take as a trophy or fellow soldier to get helmet off quicker to save him from a bad injury?

- - Updated - -

Very nice helmet by the way!

Quote by davejb View Post
    That's a shame Todd, but it would give you a better return on your money if partially restored
    You may be right. I just hate the thought of being the guy who altered it from how it was, lol.

And don't miss my other helmet purchase this past weekend!
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...ly-art-332041/

?

If it was indeed a corpse cut, the liner may be missing from years of rot to the point of where it just fell apart and discarded by whomever but we may never truly know...

ahhh that makes sence. Cheers

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    ahhh that makes sence. Cheers
    Jonobo beat me to it marc - blood really makes the liners rot or go black & hard.
    Maybe not even removed at the time but sometime over the last half-century it may have crumbled away? we will never know - I have a ND M43 in the same state and I have often wondered.....
    Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12