Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M40 Q66 ND rear stamp

Article about: I haven't bought a German helmet in awhile and I was looking for an M40 so I chose this nice ND Quist. I've seen a few threads about these rear stamped Q helmets in the last few weeks so I t

?

I Just got a light box for Christmas so I took the time to test it out on my two m40's. I'm sure I'll get better at taking photo's with this.

Cheers, Al

M40 Q66 ND rear stampM40 Q66 ND rear stamp

M40 Q66 ND rear stamp

M40 Q66 ND rear stamp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q66 ND rear stamp
    P
    Many

What a difference the light box makes Aldo! A really nice helmet. I really like the nice tight fitting liner! In regards to your earlier comment about there being no chinstrap, I think that there are certain people that remove them from helmets and either sell them individually for profit or add them to another helmet just to bump up the price which really *****. Of course they probably were removed post war if they broke as well.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Nice job on the photos. Light boxes are tricky and take a bit to master. Helmets are very difficult to get just right in a box (IMHO).

Had a laugh at that white paint drip on the rear of the 2nd helmet. Anyone else think it looks like someone is flipping the bird?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No idea on light boxes, but the shots need the camera to be lowered as the light doesn't show the full body. Just my 2 cent worth.

?

Michael, I agree it's tricky to get the right shot. My first attempt I realized I left one flap open on the box, and did not cover the LED lights with the screen to prevent reflection on the dome. I also had trouble keeping the helmet in frame without showing the side of the box. I also shot it too high as René said. I'm waiting on one last 2020 buy an M35 reissue which I will try again with the light box. Thanks everybody for the comments.

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Had similar issues Al. You'll master them quickly. I solved the framing issue by getting a 36 inch box...LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

HA HA, it occurred to me I need a bigger box

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3