Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Article about: Hi, I am upping my collection from medals to helmets. This is my first helmet so I know very little. I've researched these two decal patterns and they appear to be both early patterned Polic

You're welcome!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    You need to post straight on close up shots (in the macro mode on your camera) of the decals and closer shots of the liner (I would like to see the stitching). I haven't seen an unbordered Double decal Q Police, most if not all that I have seen are ET's. Jim G.
    Hi Jim,

Just for interest, here's a NS66 DD with the unbordered decal currently up for auction at Ratisbons. Are these considered rare, very rare or what, as I haven't a clue.....???

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's refreshing to see somebody so polite and willing to join the gold club so soon!..

I figured you guys saved me 900$ on a bad helmet so I should return the favor.

I started collecting when I was in high school (2003) when you could still buy this stuff on ebay. I got burned once on a General Assault Badge and I kind of gave up on collecting. This forum re-lit the fire, so to speak. Man helmets got expensive over the last 10 years lol.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Jim,

Just for interest, here's a NS66 DD with the unbordered decal currently up for auction at Ratisbons. Are these considered rare, very rare or what, as I haven't a clue.....???

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned,

Are you asking is NS M35's are rare or if unbordered decals are rare? That's a nice helmet klaus has for auction, but the starting bid already counts me out and I don't particularly care for the buyers premium.

I just picked up a copy! Do you folks take your reference guides to antique stores and gun shows when on the hunt for medals, helmets etc?

Quote by coldcashandcolderhearts View Post
    I just picked up a copy! Do you folks take your reference guides to antique stores and gun shows when on the hunt for medals, helmets etc?
    As a combat badge collector and owner of a fair few expensive reference books on the various types, I can reliably tell you it ain't much use leaving 'em at home when a quick decision may be necessary.....

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Hi Ned,

Are you asking is NS M35's are rare or if unbordered decals are rare? That's a nice helmet klaus has for auction, but the starting bid already counts me out and I don't particularly care for the buyers premium.
    Hi Todd,

I was refering to what Jim said about most if not all unbordered decal helmets being ET's and was wondering if the NS66 ones with that decal were uncommon or rare.

I also agree with your point on the premium. I imagine it rather knocks the shine off an item when you forget it in the heat of the moment and think you didn't do so bad until the realisation sinks in after the excitement of the desperate last minute bidding.

Regards, Ned.

Hi Todd,

I was refering to what Jim said about most if not all unbordered decal helmets being ET's and was wondering if the NS66 ones with that decal were uncommon or rare.

I also agree with your point on the premium. I imagine it rather knocks the shine off an item when you forget it in the heat of the moment and think you didn't do so bad until the realisation sinks in after the excitement of the desperate last minute bidding.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi, Ned,

M35 NS helmets are not frequently seen, at least in my experience. They're desirable and usually sell quickly at the right price. Unbordered decals are preferred because they were used pre war and pretty much phased out after 1940ish, though they can be found on some wartime helmets, but that's not the norm.

As for his question about taking books to fairs and such, I typically always do. I don't always carry it with me though. Might leave it in the car unless I absolutely need it. Ken N's book is considerably heavy to be carrying it around for hours. I like to use my phone to access the decal reference area available to veteran members on German Helmet Walhalla.

Hi Todd,

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned, I was referring to unbordered Adlers on M40 shells. Most M35 Police helmets have unbordered birds, and most M40's have bordered birds. Jim G.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast