Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 sd luft opinions please

Article about: HI LV. The markings on this lid are indented and not raised. Must just be the photos!! Cheers Andy

?

Default M40 sd luft opinions please

Hi Chaps,

I would welcome your opinions on the following. Dont know if the decal has just never had laquor applied or if it is junk. It has traits that suggest to me that it is original. The textured paint finish looks a wee bit strange to me and the liner looks artifically aged. Please let me know what you think. What about the chinstrap? I am not good at those. Sorry no maker or Lot No

Thanks
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sd luft opinions please   M40 sd luft opinions please  

M40 sd luft opinions please   M40 sd luft opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd luft opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 sd luft opinions please

I think it is okay. I think the decal is right and the paint looks fine. I don't think the liner is a dyed Norwegian reissue but if it is, all bets are off. Chin strap? Jim G.

Looks Ok to me, the strap seems to have honest wear to it.

It looks like a small - size 62 ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Looking at the pictures again I do not think the liner is a dyed Norwegian reissue at all. There are flat head aluminum rivets holding the leather to the band, the Norwegian refits have small round head rivets. Again, I think the helmet is fine. Jim G.

?

It is my opinion that the helmet is a reissue model 35 that has had the liner replaced with a Norwegian rework.
    It is a good helmet even though the liner is replaced. I really like the reissue single decal model 35's. To me they are a true combat helmet from beginning to end.
    Just an opinion.
    Steve

?

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for sharing your opinions on this lid. I think I will invest in it. I was concerned that due to the lack of Laquor that the decal would flake, but i guess it has been there 70 years already.

Cheers

Andy

Are those pictures from a militaria dealer ? Another one that's still stuck in the 20th century.

I would ask for a good decal close-up just to be 100% sure.

?

Hi Chaps, I have spoken with the seller and he advised me that this lid is stamped HKP64. He also provided a better picture of the decal. I am happy that it is a good one!! Please find attached.

Cheers

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sd luft opinions please   M40 sd luft opinions please  

Just one point maybe someone can clear up for me.untill now i thought factory marks where incised into the metal not raised from the metal if you know what i mean.can someone claryfy please lv

Factory stamps are always indented into the metal. Sometimes they appear to be in relief due to the lighting in some photo's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast