Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?

Article about: Here is a beauty that I recently purchased, it is a single decal M40 Heer helmet with DAK heavy sand camo! You can see by the pictures that the camo was hand applied and it has the pinkish h

Default M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?

Here is a beauty that I recently purchased, it is a single decal M40 Heer helmet with DAK heavy sand camo! You can see by the pictures that the camo was hand applied and it has the pinkish hue as these normally do, and it looks amazing, but I am no expert so I would like your opinions! The liner and chinstrap is original to the helmet and the split pins have never been removed. Overall it has the look and I love it, now to see what you guys think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?   M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?  

M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?   M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?  

M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?   M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?
    P
    Many

Hi, i am a bit concerned about the rust being so vibrant in colour, does not look like damage from 70 years ago. Maybe i am just being over cautious and in hand it is much darker. Leon.

From the pics...I think a lovely Trop/DAK. It exhibits proper wear patterns especially the worn visor area. Quist M40 helmets are known for extensive paint chips, exhibiting either rust or a blackened undertone. Rust might look excessively bright due to sunlight. Looks to be a bit of a Heer decal underneath too. Even the liner shows moderate blackened possibly sweat staining around the edge area. Maybe a bit of post war handling/abuse but overall nice condition.
    But I like it
    D.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, i am a bit concerned about the rust being so vibrant in colour, does not look like damage from 70 years ago. Maybe i am just being over cautious and in hand it is much darker. Leon.
    It doesn't like bright red rust to me Leon, maybe it's brighter on your monitor. Who knows how it's been stored though, if it is fairly recent rust it might have been in a shed or cellar etc. Some people might be concerned with all the random scratches but i know from first hand experience how badly some of these lids have been treated over the years, as a young kid in the 1960s we used to kick a German lid up and down the street after we had grown tired of playing war!..

I've been looking at a lot of Tropical helmets over the last few months. I like this one. Obviously you have to be very cautious with any kind of camo. I think the rust is a little bright, but probably because of more recent damage (IE not 75yrs ago).
    Nick

Agree with Realsteel about the possibility of a decal under the paint, but it would be a brave soul to reveal it.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Agree with Realsteel about the possibility of a decal under the paint, but it would be a brave soul to reveal it.
    More like a fool! It is just not the done thing, would ruin an otherwise fine helmet. Leon.

Well I wouldn't do it myself hence the comment, but I'm sure there are those who would...

I highly appreciate all the opinions, you guys are honestly the best. I'm only 22 and have wanted a authentic DAK camo helmet ever since I was about 13. To own one now makes me a happy clam. Thank you all!

You got a good keeper truegrit and you are still young enough to find a lot more. Happy collecting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast