Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SD Woodchip Camo

Article about: Hi, saw this for sale at 400£ and I thought that was much due to the condition of the leather and missing chinstrap, but I changed my opinion when I saw the woodchips in the paint. Am I righ

?

Default M40 SD Woodchip Camo

Hi, saw this for sale at 400£ and I thought that was much due to the condition of the leather and missing chinstrap, but I changed my opinion when I saw the woodchips in the paint. Am I right? I also realised when uploading photos that I haven't got any straight up photo of the decal. I will come back with that, but I think the decal looks good and in nice shape.

Well, here's the pics:

Best Regards Al

M40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip CamoM40 SD Woodchip Camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Woodchip Camo
    P
    Many

Has the liner been changed out? I like the helmet. But is the liner right? Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Looks OK in my old eyes

Is it woodchip its hard to see in these photos ? ,looks more like old thick paint to me , still a nice helmet

Seen worse for around the same price.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Al , I cannot tell if it is a woodchip from here but the over all look of the helmet appears good. Looking at the liner it seems as though it may be the original that has been "pulled on"(a child swinging on it from the garage wall it hung on etc) in the past as the distortion is only to one side and on that side the chinstrap bale is also "stretched". Just a thought. Leon.

?

Thanks for all replies! I like your garage-theory Leon, it makes sence. I'll post the close-up when I get it.

Al

?

I will update this thread with a close-up of the decal. I also got an inner pic of a rivet and it looks untouched. I would assume from this pic that this really looks like a Woodchip. I haven't really handled them myself so I would appreciate your opinions.

Cheers

M40 SD Woodchip Camo