Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please

Article about: I picked this up today for a song. I realize some feel these shells are worthless, but I'm happy with it. It is my first venture into this side of collecting. It is marked as being made by Q

Default M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please

I picked this up today for a song. I realize some feel these shells are worthless, but I'm happy with it. It is my first venture into this side of collecting. It is marked as being made by Quist and looks genuine in all respects even down to the paint, which has no "new paint" smell to it. The paint layers look to have been grey, then dark yellow and on some places I see white and another shade of green. Any ideas as to what the finish could have been? Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please   M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please  

M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please   M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please  

M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please   M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please   M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please  

M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please  
    Attached Images Attached Images M40 Shell - Opinions on finish please 

It's hard to say from the pictures what the paintwork may have been. It could be that it was just re-painted for different theatres of war. Or it could be that it is a camoflage helmet. It is sometimes easier to tell when actually holding the hemet. And don't accept this notion of such items being worthless!

I agree about the value part, Harry.
    Wouldn't it be swell if this helmet was indeed used in all the theatres of the war.
    I'm quite happy with this shell and considering I only paid about $30 for it who's complaining?
    Tom

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It's hard to say from the pictures what the paintwork may have been. It could be that it was just re-painted for different theatres of war. Or it could be that it is a camoflage helmet. It is sometimes easier to tell when actually holding the hemet. And don't accept this notion of such items being worthless!
    I belive that HARRY THE MOLE is correct.I like it very much. I also agree with Harry about not being worthless.

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I agree about the value part, Harry.
    Wouldn't it be swell if this helmet was indeed used in all the theatres of the war.
    I'm quite happy with this shell and considering I only paid about $30 for it who's complaining?
    Tom
    Try to find one like this in the US for 30$ no way so you got a very good deal.The price of just the shells are going up.

Thanks guys, I shall display this with pride. And now to get the darn display case finished built!!
    Tom