Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 SS single decal helmet needs opinions

Article about: Hi All Could I please have some expert opinions on this single decal SS helmet? Thanks Yu

Default M40 SS single decal helmet needs opinions

Hi All

Could I please have some expert opinions on this single decal SS helmet?

Thanks

Yu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS single decal helmet needs opinions
    P
    Many

You will get the same answer here as on the WA forum.

Paint over pitting on an almost relic shell. Poor attempt to age the liner. This helmet is wrong on so many levels. Run away fast!

I am collecting evidence for a refund, well, it is part of learning curve

Andy

I am based in Sydney too, do you have a good German helmet for sale?

Yu

Hi Yu,

May I ask how much you paid for this helmet?

The first rule for collecting especially when starting out is to post on a site such as this prior to purchase so that the helmet can be evaluated by members with lots of experience. Stay away from eBay and Gumtree but look at what is on offer from reputable dealers especially those that offer an inspection period and money back guarantee.

I don’t have any helmets for sale at the moment as I tend to want to hang on to all my helmets but there are plenty out there you just need to be patient and be prepared to put in the time to learn what to look for. Have a look at Schwerpunkt’s website which is filled with lots of great information:
    German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

Study the helmet posts on this forum site and you will also pick up lots of information. But above all, POST HERE FIRST.

Andrew

As I have said over & over..."Nice things cost money"
    I don't know of any "bargain priced" SS helmets. Your helmet, if original would be listed at about $6K USD. So in your future hunt for an SS helmet, expect to pay that or close to it.
    D.

Good Day! Andrew, I paid $2000, but it is alright, I will ask for a refund, and the source as you would have guessed E***, I don't feel particularly embarrassing, it is a learning experience for me. yeah I will definitely post on here before make another helmet purchase next time.

Yu

?

Welcome Yu
    Good experience comes from bad experience.
    There are many good professional dealers that have relatively cheap helmets. Just type in the search bar for reputable dealers and you'll find what you're looking for but remembering it's always in US dollars and the good ones move fast.
    There aren't many legitimate ones here in Australia and they're few and far between.
    Like Andy I don't recommend ebay unless you know what you're doing and certainly stay away from gumtree.
    Good luck and welcome

Quote by foxtraner View Post
    Good Day! Andrew, I paid $2000, but it is alright, I will ask for a refund, and the source as you would have guessed E***, I don't feel particularly embarrassing, it is a learning experience for me. yeah I will definitely post on here before make another helmet purchase next time.

Yu
    It is still a lot of money , but a lesson learned. Third Reich collecting , in fact militaria collecting in general requires expertise because there are so many fakes and frauds preying on beginning collectors or people looking for a genuine war relic.
    Forums are a good way to ask help and to improve you skills.
    How to buy safe , forget bargains , buy from collectors here , on Wehrmacht awards forum or German helmet walhalla forum. And post on the forum before you make payment :-)

If you buy from dealers make sure to post it first despite their fancy website and language sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast