Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Stahlhelm Decal

Article about: I purchased a M40 Stahlhelm that was dug up in the area around Kurland for around 76 CAD. The decal is faded and I am having trouble identifying it. I believe it's a SS decal but I cannot be

Default M40 Stahlhelm Decal

I purchased a M40 Stahlhelm that was dug up in the area around Kurland for around 76 CAD. The decal is faded and I am having trouble identifying it. I believe it's a SS decal but I cannot be too sure. Any response would be appreciated.M40 Stahlhelm DecalM40 Stahlhelm DecalM40 Stahlhelm Decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Stahlhelm Decal
    P
    Many

?

I don't think that we have any people whose faces are upside down on this forum

M40 Stahlhelm Decal

There is a thread dedicated to posting pictures as mentioned its hard to see when its upside down. Heres a better look. Might be SS or could be a police helmet.

If real it is almost certainly a Heer Adler. Jim G.

Sorry, but phone is fidgety when it comes to that! Also i'm new to this, only 12.. So i'm not the best at this.

- - ------- - -

It was found in the Kurland battlefields, so I think it's safe to assume that it's SS. Thanks for the information!

Alright, sounds reasonable. Although the Heer Adler decal looks black with white over it, but i'm no expert. Thanks!

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Sorry, but phone is fidgety when it comes to that! Also i'm new to this, only 12.. So i'm not the best at this.

- - ------- - -

It was found in the Kurland battlefields, so I think it's safe to assume that it's SS. Thanks for the information!
    Good to start so young. I started collecting at the same age. Now my collection takes up a whole room

My collection takes up about.. 1/2 of my room already. My dad used to collect the smaller things. I was the one who started with pieces of uniforms, helmets and the only rifle we have.. So far. Which is hard to come by in Newfoundland.

Welcome to the forum young man, as Jim above said, it is most likely to be a HEER decal as it is on the wrong side of the helmet for an SS decal, unless of course it was a reverse re-issue that began life as a Polizei helmet. That is unlikely though as they are much rarer and even in relic condition would have set you back more than what you paid! Enjoy it for what it is, a nice HEER relic from Kurland. Leon.

Welcome aboard! I started collecting when I was about 7, some 56 years ago. It is great to have a young guy get interested in this hobby. We are here to help. Please post a prospective purchase for reviews before you buy something unless you are SURE of what it is. We may help you avoid getting ripped off. This hobby really is a lot of fun, and will fuel your interest in the history behind the artifacts that you become the custodian of. Cheers, Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast