Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......

Article about: Pyrat 30???.... Never had it... Im a sucker for good rum, and well, scotch....Whiskey....Tequila.... lol However, I do LOVE a good made white whiskey.... Lots of corn and smooth! Someday, ju

?

Default M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......

Hey fella's,

I bought this helmet for a restoration project, as its pretty ugly right now. However - I didn't notice a Maker Mark when I bought it (pictures from seller and rust didn't allow identification). So, from the pictures below and the research I did on these "numbers" the only thing I can possibly think of, is this is a EF62.. However the die looked to be jack up for the "E" in EF. it almost looks like an "I." The lot number is different then I have seen, with the only thing normal is the "1", as that looks similar to other Emaillierwerke-Fulda helmets I have seen. Thoughts on lot and maker mark?M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......

What I can tell is = lot number is 1338 and the maker is EF?, size 62.. Also - I have tried to identify "possible" service branch through reference. I do own Ken Niewiarowicz's Germany's Combat Helmet book, as he states all M40's (minus Q's AND SE's somewhere between lot 3000-4000) should have a factory decal?

This softball is lobbed high to crush for all you helmet gurus out there! As always - I APPRECIATE your comments! Sorry for the crappy pics - didn't realize how hard it was to take good pictures of crappy stampings in a helmet with one hand..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Strange stamping - EF62?.......
    P
    Many

I'll throw a fast pitch ball at you, more photos! lol. I think I can see a decal under the paint, or the shadow of one, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

?

It's an EF and should have a decal. The stamps are indicative of the crap EF dies.

Boom. Home run.
    Last edited by DougB; 10-11-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I'll throw a fast pitch ball at you, more photos! lol. I think I can see a decal under the paint, or the shadow of one, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.
    Hi , I agree with both of my learned friends , this is an EF helmet and I too can see the shadow of a decal. Leon.

?

So you guys have got me really thinking... I swore I looked at this beast upside down and right side up when I got it... I couldn't see crap for decals. BUT - that photo sure does make it look like a shadow there from the over paint... I WILL post more photos for you guys and I DO APPRECIATE your comments... Like I said - my experience with lids is growing, so I have not seen many crappy Die stuck EF's.... I will see about this is "decal" when I get home... I got a good research / investigation project out of this Ol' crapper!

Thanks Fellas! - Happy Friday to those in the US..

?

Quote by Duff View Post
    Thanks Fellas! - Happy Friday to those in the US..
    Anytime. And what of us Canadians? We might be fewer in number but our beer is infinitely better.

I've never had Canadian beer, but American beer flat out s u c k s. The micro brews really are the best here. Maybe they care more than the big beer companies. Happy Friday to you, Doug, from my crappy beer to your Canadian coldies

?

It does look to have a shadow of a decal !! Try the Estonian beer guys A le Coq and Saku i'll be having a few tonight they are tip top compared to crap English lagers !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Anytime. And what of us Canadians? We might be fewer in number but our beer is infinitely better.
    Oh MAN! Im a Hoser, eh? Sorry man, forgot about the fellas up North! Got a bunch of buddies in B.C. HAPPY FRIDAY to you Canucks as well.. YES - I LOVE Canadian beer!

Quote by Duff View Post
    Oh MAN! Im a Hoser, eh? Sorry man, forgot about the fellas up North! Got a bunch of buddies in B.C. HAPPY FRIDAY to you Canucks as well.. YES - I LOVE Canadian beer!
    Don't forget us "limeys" over the pond , our beer may be warm and flat but our women are hot and "er , not flat(on the whole!) Plus we also have seen our fair share of third reich helmets and more than our fair share of messed with ones to compare with.!! There are definitely more "crappy" helmets over here than in the US! Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast