Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 ? Third time lucky...

Article about: Hi friends, would it be possible for you to share your thoughts on this helmet please? I believe it looks good, but this is the third german helmet i have bought - the other two turnd out to

?

Default M40 ? Third time lucky...

Hi friends, would it be possible for you to share your thoughts on this helmet please?
    I believe it looks good, but this is the third german helmet i have bought - the other two turnd out to be repro's.
    Its well aged but solid, with 3 digits just about visible at the rear of the skirt.
    Thanks as always, Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ? Third time lucky...   M40 ? Third time lucky...  

M40 ? Third time lucky...   M40 ? Third time lucky...  

M40 ? Third time lucky...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ? Third time lucky...
    P
    Many

Looking at this from my phone but it looks honest.

looks ok to me but not my cup of tea. whack on some silicon spray after a good wipe.

?

Looks like you got it right this time Shaune!

Interesting creasing across the left side...

Well done,
    Bob

Good one.

?

Phew. Finally. Thank goodness. Wasn’t 100% as the pictures online were poor, but I thought the price was reasonable so went for it.

The German helmet market does seem high risk, esp in the price range I’m looking at.

Thank you again for all your advice and comments gents, I really appreciate your help with all of this fascinating hobby. Sorry, I feel like the info/knowledge is all one way at the moment, but I’m slowly learning. Hopefully I can give something back to the forum soon…

?

Don't have anything to add to this thread other then, Shaune, a friendly suggestion would be to always post pictures of what you are thinking about buying on the forum before you buy it, this will often save you a lot of money.
    Especially do this with Third Reich stuff.

Enjoy your helmet!

Looks like a size 62 from what I can see on the rear of the skirt. A good one, if well worn.

Well done Shaune! Looks like a nice honest relic shell. I like relic helmets in this condition as they still have enough information to tell a bit of a story. I have a very similar shell and have given mine a nice coating of Renaissance Wax. Enjoy your new helmet!

Hi, i cannot see any problems with this one, a decent HEER relic M40, well done. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast