Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 on the way in

Article about: Just bought this M40 Luft. It appears to be unissued. It must have has another helmet stacked on it. The drawstring seems to be an original, but not sure if it is original to liner. Paid \\$55

Default M40 on the way in

Just bought this M40 Luft. It appears to be unissued. It must have has another helmet stacked on it. The drawstring seems to be an original, but not sure if it is original to liner. Paid $550. It appears untouched. It is a Q66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 on the way in
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 on the way in

I believe everything looks good on her. Too bad the decal isn't in better shape. Still not a bad helmet, overall.

Isn't the stitching on the liner supposed to continue down into one of the tongues?

In my experience most of the liners have stitching that does, but I have seen some where the stitching did not. So I suppose not necessarily??

Looks like a decent lid. Pity about the decal as the others have said but overall a nice display piece

Jason

I like this one congrats I don't think you have any worries with the liner.

The previous posters have said it all. Looks good to me! Shame about the decal... but if anything, it just adds character and shows the helmets age!

Nice lid, can't see any problems with it, but am I the only one who thinks the price is a bit to much? To me, and I could be very wrong, the lid and the liner don't match looking at the condition of the two.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Nice lid, can't see any problems with it, but am I the only one who thinks the price is a bit to much? To me, and I could be very wrong, the lid and the liner don't match looking at the condition of the two.
    It's a little salty but IMO close to unissued, the price does not seem too crazy. What about the liner looks out of place to you? I think they match OK.

I am regularly wrong however as my girlfriend will confirm gladly

The price is perhaps a little high, but I don't think by too much. The liner and overall condition of the helmet are super. The missing chinstrap is a common thing... the only negative that comes to mind is the condition of the decal, but it's still mostly there. It's not like it was lost by someone messing with it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast