Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m40 Wermacht (field police?) and luftschultz helmets, are they ok?

Article about: by Julekpl ...this guy does not know how to operate a digital camera, Tell him to point the lens at the image and press the big button on the right. Make sure the power is on. Seriously when

Default m40 Wermacht (field police?) and luftschultz helmets, are they ok?

Hello, this is Julekpl again.

I found a gentleman a few kilometers away from where I live that found 2 helmets in his shed. He knows what they are, however, this gentleman is 90 and is not up to date with today's technology, and so he had his son take only one photo of the helmets. I was wondering if you can help me with their authenticity. One is a luftschultz gladiator style helmet, which are cheap. The other is an m40 Wermacht (field Police?), but the liner is in bad shape, and it is also green, and not black. Is there any helpful information to be concluded from this picture?

Thanks!

m40 Wermacht (field police?) and luftschultz helmets, are they ok?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40 Wermacht (field police?) and luftschultz helmets, are they ok?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: m40 Wermacht (field police?) and luftschultz helmets, are they ok?

I would say we need a lot more photos, one immediate possible problem i see ,is that both helmets appear to have been cleaned and polished in areas towards the rear, which is apparent as to the reflections cast from the backgrounds, yet the front of the M40 is dull, the Luftschutz has a strange patch around the decal

Yes, the gentleman has informed me that the helmet has been previously cleaned, and that the luftschultz helmet seems to re re-painted in some spots. He is stiff on the prices however. He wants $200 for the luftschutze, and $300 for the m40, and says he is stiff on the prices, however with these few negative things, I might be able to get them for a lower price.

I do not like the luftschutz helmet the condition is too bad and price too high.
    The police one ,I would really like to see better pictures of it.
    Has it be denazified?
    300$ for a field police helmet would be a great deal.
    chris

PS
    field police helmet are not black but green

Thanks for the information...Cricketchris1944, what do you mean by "denazified"? As in having the swastika on the decal scratched off? The description states that the decal has some wear, but I will try to get better pictures.

Quote by Julekpl View Post
    Thanks for the information...Cricketchris1944, what do you mean by "denazified"? As in having the swastika on the decal scratched off? The description states that the decal has some wear, but I will try to get better pictures.
    Yes does it has the swastika scratch off?
    Also it should have two decals.
    chris

Well I will have to post tomorrow, for the gentleman went to sleep. The description does say "Decals" however, this guy does not know how to operate a digital camera, but I will go and see it myself. I will put up pictures as well.

I hope is works out for you.
    Good pictures of the decals.
    chris

?

And the liners, dont forget to take good shots of all relevant details, make , lot no/ etc

I don't have anything to add so ill stand by for the better pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast