Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M40 winter camo

Article about: Hi guys i have been offered this winter camo helmet with no holes for 200€ i know this forum is not a price reference forum, but need your oppinions (don't want to buy it for a not reasonabl

Default M40 winter camo

Hi guys i have been offered this winter camo helmet with no holes for 200€ i know this forum is not a price reference forum, but need your oppinions (don't want to buy it for a not reasonable price).

Could be cleaned with acid oxalic and remove all the dirt/? it would be for a mannequin winter front that i'm performing.

Thank you very much!!

M40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 winter camo
    P
    Many

I assume that the helmet and the paint are original, if they aren't please tell me about!

?

I have both a good and bad feeling about this helmet, sorry I'm not an "expert" on winter camo as i have not handled them myself but i'm pretty good at relic helmets. The bubbles in the paint look good but the orange rust coloring on the white wash looks strange to me. Also i doubt the liner and 3 pins are original to the helmet. The pins are quite corroded but the areas around them on the helmet is not. The rust looks excessive in some way. Here is a pic of two of my relic helmets with bubbles and intact paint for comparison.

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

M40 winter camo

Cheers

The winter paint was often simply a white wash. I fear that if you try an oxalic bath you will lose much of the white colour and ruin your relic.

Don't put a pitted out rust bucket on a mannikin...bad idea. No soldier went around looking like that. Relics are unique unto themselves, put it on a shelf and let it be.

Thanks guys for your replys!
    Datrus I'm agree with you, i think the linner don't belongs to the helmet. But if the shell and the paint would be original, would be good for me (the inner is not complete, so what i'm interested in this helmet is the camo shell)

About the orange rust, do you think are kind of "hand made"? when i saw the helmet, i doubt about the inner, but thought the shell and camo paint were original (but i'm not an expert, i have a lot to learn), i have other helmets dug up with "more or less" this kind of orange rust

M40 winter camo

Thanks again!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The winter paint was often simply a white wash. I fear that if you try an oxalic bath you will lose much of the white colour and ruin your relic.
    Then, clean a bit with soap and a cloth?

?

Just leave it "as is" if the helmet is good! I can't really tell 100% if the outer is good or not. It looks both OK and not OK to me LOL Wait for others to chime in.

Cheers

If it could be help, the helmet/seller comes from kurland, and i've traded with him before and the items were original dug up by him.