Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Winter camo

Article about: It's been a long time coming, finding a nice genuine one, but today I took receipt of a beaut that will certainly hold a special place in my collection for a long time to come. Some might kn

Default M40 Winter camo

It's been a long time coming, finding a nice genuine one, but today I took receipt of a beaut that will certainly hold a special place in my collection for a long time to come. Some might know that I've been looking for a non-relic winter camouflaged helmet for quite some time now and today I can say that the wait paid off! Just one shot for now, in the display case, I'll have some more up soon... just so excited that I couldn't wait posting

Anyway, the specs are M40 by Quist, size 64. Everything is original to the shell --- nice worn liner with original drawstring, has that lovely old time smell to it. The winter camo is pretty much intact, I'm guessing this would be a white wash as opposed to one with white paint applied. Lovely yellowing/darkening of the whitewash in areas all over... lovely, dusty and "untouched". Decal (probably Heer) had been painted around but looks to have flaked off over time... not de-nazified. Hope you like it --- I will have more detailed photos up soon!

M40 Winter camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Winter camo
    P
    Many

from what i can see so far ,it looks great and shows the amount of whitewash wear you would expect for its age ,nicely displayed too

Thank you James! I will do more shots tomorrow or something, about to head out --- the sun is shining here, for once

Looks a nice lid, i like your signature too!...

REALLY nice helmet, M40 my favorite and in winter "clothes", congrats , I love it ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

very nice find.

More pictures, more pictures,more pictures, Congratulations great piece.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

You can almost feel the Russian winter in this one ...... brrr.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Top notch. Another hole in my own collection identified....lol
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is there another thread for this helmet?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast