Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 winter camo, authentic?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this M40 winter camo (very adequate since it has been snowing today ;-) )? I don't think it's authentic, the seller itself doesn't know. I have doubts about the

Default M40 winter camo, authentic?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this M40 winter camo (very appropriate since it has been snowing at our region today ;-) )? I don't think it's authentic, the seller himself doesn't know. I have doubts about the liner too.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 winter camo, authentic?
    P
    Many

Look the white paint is over the rust.
    For the leather.....?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

The white is postwar applied, the back and forth tool marks are obvious and there is no paint wear around the split pin holes or raised areas of the helmet. Liner appears bad as well, either way this is a walk away piece.

?

More than enough Bundesarchive photos available today to draw sensible conclusions.
    Pictures are terrible btw the shell looks corroded the white could even have been sprayed on the liner looks ground dug to me the stitching has rotted so no not war time.

Regards
    Eric

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your advices.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    P.S.:
    Quote by Hoss View Post
    More than enough Bundesarchive photos available today to draw sensible conclusions ...
    Regards
    Eric
    Pictures are important, however they don't substitute the advices of the members of this excellent forum with their great knowledge, great experience and their reliable advices .
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-24-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Hi, as said, this one is definitely not an original winter cammo. As mentioned already the tool marks are repetitive and the paint is not worn in the correct places. Leon.