Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 wintercamo, original?

Article about: Hi. Need some opinions about this lid. The helmet itself is ofc original but what do you think about the paint? Doesn't it look postwar? What do you think about the newspaper, was it common

Default M40 wintercamo, original?

Hi. Need some opinions about this lid. The helmet itself is ofc original but what do you think about the paint? Doesn't it look postwar? What do you think about the newspaper, was it common that the soldiers did that?

Attachment 255840Attachment 255841Attachment 255842Attachment 255839Attachment 255843

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 wintercamo, original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 wintercamo, original?

That is one well preserved newspaper for being seventy years old when I compare it to the rust on the inside of the helmet little alarm bells are going off in my head.

Regards Mark k

im with mark on this im afraid the newspaper doesn't look like it has been there 70some years definatly as the liner looks brand new as well imo liner is new as well as the paper (fakers are getting smarter) the camo doesn't look right either personally i would leave this and look for another one

tom

?

Any chance of a close up of the finish Anton? Looks a bit like talcum powder at the moment! The newspaper is not period for sure so that alone rings those alarm bells.

Regards,

Carl

?

Original shell, everything else crapola

Nothing to like about this one , I had one German helmet which had a piece of newspaper tucked under the leather for comfort. It's a nice extra if original ;-)

Anton, check out Ade's SS helmet he posted recently. It has some newspaper in it from 1944 I think. I agree that this one isn't good, though.

That liner sure looks fake based on the stitching let alone the cleanliness factor.

I agree with the rest. The condition of the liner compared to the overall condition of the helmet is a red flag. I have my grandfather's garrison cap and it has newspaper in it not even from the 40's, and the paper doesn't look as good as the paper in this one. No yellowing of the paper is a big clue. Pass on it, my friend!

?

I would pass on this and play this Korean game from the spam guy in the post above me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast