Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is this m40 worth the price?

Article about: Didnt get it. Here is another m42 army for \\$245. It has paint drips on it and liner is in pretty bad shape. Ok price?

Default Re: Is this m40 worth the price?

Didnt get it. Here is another m42 army for $245. It has paint drips on it and liner is in pretty bad shape. Ok price?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Looks like it has two different colored split pins. I'd keep saving for a helmet with a complete decal.

That one looks ok. Paint drops are common on helmets because they often are stored in garages and a lot of people are not very neat when they take on DIY home painting projects.

The liner doesn't look all that bad to me (could it be a post-war red dyed liner... or is the dark picture playing tricks with my eyes?). There looks like a hint of a dome stamp on the inside of the helmet. It's a bonus that the decal on this one is mostly there

$245 seems a good price to me, but as stated, if you have the ability to save up, a much better quality helmet can be purchased for $400-$500.

If you do go ahead with this one, authentic chin straps can be found but are pricey... you may want to consider a good quality repro chinstrap.

Out of curiosity, what size and maker is this?

Seems good for the price especially as its for sale on WAF for 400usd you must have struck quite a bargain with the seller.

Personally i like these combat worn helmets, the fact that the decal is worn fits in well with the general condition of the helmet. My only concern would be the split pin issue which could either be period done or more recent would be better to see the helmet in hand but all in all I think a decent helmet for the price.

I didn't bargain with him. He keeps dropping the price. Check out WAF for his listing. It started at $400....

I've seen this one too, agree on the split pins but it's not a bad price at all really. Could probably get the paint drops off without harm.

?

Good price.

What, buy it, that's nothing.. ..

If your not going to buy it let me know because I think at that price I might get it myself, but do not want to jump on your toes

yes i'd buy it at that price and yes is blood stains that has rotted the liner i like it...
    wayne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast