Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Afrika - pile of sh@t or

Article about: I - sadly - belong to a FB group - and the level of knowledge on there is astounding - 99% of them are a bunch of F'tards - This helmet was posted by a member who supposedly has over 200 hel

Default M42 Afrika - pile of sh@t or

I - sadly - belong to a FB group - and the level of knowledge on there is astounding - 99% of them are a bunch of F'tards -

This helmet was posted by a member who supposedly has over 200 helmets all with stories ( he calls it provenance)

This Helmet was featured in the Armourer magazine in 1993 in an article on the subject.
    Inside are a pair of indistict but well formed SS runes. Strange as the SS was only in this theater of ops in an advisory capacity (apparently)

The orange tan paint was an exact match for the Tiger Tank at Bovington before it was restored and repainted in gulf war sand.

When I questioned the configuration - palm tree??? on a 42??? - I was told it was done by the SAS soldier that !captured" it -

Make your own mind up on this one - but when asked for extra pictures - they were surprisingly - not forth coming - I know my helmets and this one is contrived to decieve ( artificial tooling marks - and a lot of other things besides)

I don't think he took too kindly to people questioning his pride and joy

Caveat Emptor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Afrika - pile of sh@t or  
    Last edited by John Brandon; 01-17-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Afrika - pile of sh@t or
    P
    Many

Look at the one rivet that we can see and it is obvious that the camo paint was done and scratched before the rivet was reinstalled. The rivet itself and the paint around it also raises a lot of red flags.

Steve

Nice helmet John

I used to subscribe to The Armourer but not anymore

However, even without the pictures I think I could guess what was coming as soon as you mentioned FB What a cesspit of ignorance and posturing hollow intellect that institution is!

As for the helmet, talk about "fur coat and no knickers" (It does look "ally" though don't you reckon?)

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

He needs taking out into the desert with his helmet and given the old Bedouin treatment, that'll learn him, the deluded fantasist him....

M42 Afrika - pile of sh@t or
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I briefly belonged to a facebook group and it reminded me how good this forum is. It is especially noticeable what happens when you have an un-moderated group, it is full of idiots, and quickly degenerates into squabbling and abuse. I am very grateful for this forum and all who work hard to keep it successful.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    What a cesspit of ignorance and posturing hollow intellect that institution is!
    I was trying to be nice but I couldn't have put it better myself........ most of the time it's....what is it...and what's it worth ggrrrrr

Yep! That M42 certainly is one contrived piece of crap! I particularly like the "circular" scratch that is clearly made using a compass and as noted above, the pin was out when the shell was painted. As for FB, I have never been on it and never intend to be, if I want abuse I will get p-8s*d down the pub and shout at passers by! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Yep! That M42 certainly is one contrived piece of crap! I particularly like the "circular" scratch that is clearly made using a compass and as noted above, the pin was out when the shell was painted. As for FB, I have never been on it and never intend to be, if I want abuse I will get p-8s*d down the pub and shout at passers by! Leon.
    I've heard you can regularly be found in the park shouting at the pigeons Leon, so nothing new there then.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Don't know what you guys are seeing but I love it. Looks fantastic to me. I've got to join this FB group.

Is it for sale????

a joke so don't get so uppity on me....lol
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Our now banned former member "Triggerself" has a FB group for his self-proclaimed expertise of TR rings. I joined it for the amusement factor. It's a hoot! Humped up pieces of eastern european fakery are hailed as rare and most often are unsurprisingly for sale.

The amount of bickering over failed sales deals and outright scamming should leave no doubt that FB is NOT the place to do business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast