Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Army

Article about: I have lurched over to the dark side with this M42, as some of you know I collect British helmets. In the late 70's early 80's I did collect German stuff, back then a helmet was about £25-30

?

Default M42 Army

I have lurched over to the dark side with this M42, as some of you know I collect British helmets.
    In the late 70's early 80's I did collect German stuff, back then a helmet was about £25-30, mind you, about a weeks wages for me.
    I've always liked the raw edge, so goes well with my other German helmet an M40 SD army.
    The only thing I'm not sure about is the chin strap, real or repro?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Army   M42 Army  

M42 Army   M42 Army  

M42 Army   M42 Army  

M42 Army   M42 Army  

M42 Army   M42 Army  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Army
    P
    Many

Very nice Aaron why did you swap to Brit-lids?bet your glad you kept it,with todays prices being what they are.....

?

It was a long process to British helmets, over many years, & with all the fakes & stuff on German helmets, a lot easier collecting British stuff.
    I will probably get another German lid, as I have a few friends who will guide me in the right way.

Welcome to the "dark side" my young sith Lord!! Joking aside, that is a very nice M42 and as for the chinstrap, I think it may be ok ,most fakes have "fuzzy" edges to the leather, but as with most things German, an in hand inspection seals the deal! Leon.