Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 beaded luftschutz

Article about: Hi Guys, One of yesterday's finds. Not exotic, but decaled beaded M42's are less common than non decaled examples. It also has half of the late war plastic chinstrap. The defect on the edge

Default M42 beaded luftschutz

Hi Guys, One of yesterday's finds. Not exotic, but decaled beaded M42's are less common than non decaled examples. It also has half of the late war plastic chinstrap. The defect on the edge of the right side of the apron is probably what caused it to be rejected as a combat lid. An NS64, lot # d278. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 beaded luftschutz   M42 beaded luftschutz  

M42 beaded luftschutz   M42 beaded luftschutz  

M42 beaded luftschutz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 beaded luftschutz
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 beaded luftschutz

nice helmet..i agree with you about the decal beaded ones,,,here are pics of mine,,,.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 beaded luftschutz   M42 beaded luftschutz  

M42 beaded luftschutz   M42 beaded luftschutz  

M42 beaded luftschutz  

cool helmet! hope you have more neat finds

I really need to get myself one of those.They are going up in prices.Nice helmets guy,they just look great.

Iam also considering getting one

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    Iam also considering getting one
    I remenber being in Berlin after the wall came down and they were selling them for 25 Marks and the Gladiator one also for 25 Marks but I did not by any was looking for ww2 medals and badges.I did buy a Gladiator helmet a few years ago for 125$ not close to the 20$ I could have spent.

Hmm, Iv'e just seen this one 'somewhere else'. I like it! That chinstrap is excellent. Good work Jim

jim whats the chinstrap made of ,it looks like clear plastic

Although it might not appear original at first glance, clear plastic is fine. I remember when I first saw one many many years ago I thought "surely not!" but once I read up on them I discovered they were real.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Although it might not appear original at first glance, clear plastic is fine. I remember when I first saw one many many years ago I thought "surely not!" but once I read up on them I discovered they were real.

Cheers, Ade
    Ade is 100% right, as usual! Clear plastic chin straps are found on beaded lids, and gladiator shells. They are often found on one piece SA gladiator helmets as well. Plastic was a lot cheaper than leather I guess.