Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Camo

Article about: I do not think this is a camo helmet,I think the helmet has been repainted (period repaint)

Default M42 Camo

What do you guys think about this helmet, does it look good?

Personally, I think it's good.
    The only thing I see is that the liner string looks to have been replaced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 Camo

hmm... i think it looks good but its tricky to me. dont listen to my opinion on this one. im just thinking out loud (on the keyboard of course) : )

Any chance of better, bigger photo's? Its hard to get a good idea without a close up of the decal and paint surface. It looks like some of the Apple green paint overlaps the decal, suggesting that it has been stripped of a coat at some point. Hard to tell. I would wait for an opinion from someone with more knowledge, I'm sure someone will provide. Usually a camo helmet would have a fully obscured decal though, as having a white eagle on the side would kind of defeat the object.

To me the green paint looks a bit fresh and a bit airfix/tamiya, though this only an opinion. Sorry I cant say with any confidence about the decal, so I wont.

Jerry

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Any chance of better, bigger photo's? Its hard to get a good idea without a close up of the decal and paint surface. It looks like some of the Apple green paint overlaps the decal, suggesting that it has been stripped of a coat at some point. Hard to tell. I would wait for an opinion from someone with more knowledge, I'm sure someone will provide. Usually a camo helmet would have a fully obscured decal though, as having a white eagle on the side would kind of defeat the object.
    The reason that the green paint overlaps the dacal is because he was painting around it, alot of germans painted around the decals.

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    The reason that the green paint overlaps the dacal is because he was painting around it, alot of germans painted around the decals.
    Only said about the decal as I have never seen a camo helmet with a fully visible decal. I'm probably totally wrong.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Only said about the decal as I have never seen a camo helmet with a visible decal.
    its fairly common with camo helmets.

You we see some better pictures and some pictures of the camo.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    its fairly common with camo helmets.
    You are correct.

I personally think the helmet looks pretty good. your comment about the drawstrings also also believe to be correct.

Regards,
    Finn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast