Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

M42 camo in classifieds

Article about: There is a M42 camo up for sale in the classifieds. Given that these are are highly faked, I thought it would be wise to vet the helmet and have some of our more experienced members opine. F

I see no dome wear Michael and a classic 'faux' finish.

Looks the part from a distance but like Chris, it doesn't do it for me.

Cheers, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Not a good one.
    chris
    Thanks Chris.

After getting in front of a PC with an actual monitor, I too agree and confirming my original suspicions albeit based on my much more limited experience.

There are two other helmets for sale as well, of which one that I looked at also appears highly suspect as well.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael, personally I think that there is no natural wear at all, the only "effect" shown appears to be from a helmet that still had wet paint when it was "scrubbed/wiped" back. I see no real edge wear, no dome wear as mentioned and no scuff marks or damage coming through the "cammo". In fact I cannot see anything to suggest it is a period applied paint job. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

I would post that it is an obvious one looker piece of shite, but someone would moan at me to offer reasons as to why I think that, so I will refrain from commenting on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I see no dome wear Michael and a classic 'faux' finish.

Looks the part from a distance but like Chris, it doesn't do it for me.

Cheers, Dan
    Dan,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree. As noted, I started the post to hear other views. Even from a cell phone I could tell there were a number of flags, but thought I would be fair and leave it open for discussion.

Not sure of the process from here. Don't want someone to get burned.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Leon/Jerry,

So far a shut out on this lid.

And lol...it shows that I'm still retaining what I read here as I had all the same concerns plus one or two more...

Michael

Jerry said it best.

Someone had to go and booger up a nice M42 with a diarrhea camo job... kinda dumb no offence.

Thanks guys.

I have removed this from sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The other helmets have problems also

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast